solved PHP errors after upgrade

alt=
@minusme
4 years ago
10 posts
I'm seeing the following in my error logs, not sure if this is related to the updating to the latest version, but I don't recall seeing them before.

[17-May-2020 01:52:20 America/New_York] PHP Warning: touch(): Utime failed: Permission denied in /var/www/html/modules/jrCore-release-6.5.0/contrib/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_template_compiled.php on line 178 [54]

[17-May-2020 01:52:20 America/New_York] PHP Warning: touch(): Utime failed: Operation not permitted in /var/www/html/modules/jrCore-release-6.5.0/contrib/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_template_compiled.php on line 188 [54]

[17-May-2020 02:03:28 America/New_York] PHP Warning: strpos() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /var/www/html/modules/jrCore-release-6.5.0/lib/form.php on line 3114 [2]

[17-May-2020 02:03:28 America/New_York] PHP Warning: function_exists() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /var/www/html/modules/jrCore-release-6.5.0/lib/form.php on line 3118 [1]
updated by @minusme: 08/20/20 09:33:00AM
michael
@michael
4 years ago
7,697 posts
Check that your server has symlinks enabled.

When a module is initially installed its in a location like:
/modules/jrCore
then when it gets updated, whatever was on /modules/jrCore gets moved to a location with its version number
/modules/jrCore-version-6.4
and a new version also gets added
/modules/jrCore-version-6.5
Then /modules/jrCore turns into a symlink to the most recent version of the module.

If your server does not allow symlinks then that would cause an issue.

Are you able to access the ACP?
alt=
@minusme
4 years ago
10 posts
Thank you Michael. The symlinks are there and working. I am able to access the ACP with no problem.
brian
@brian
4 years ago
10,144 posts
These are PHP warnings, which typically will not affect how the site works and only show because you've got Developer Node enabled. I've got the last 2 fixed in the next core release - the first 2 come from smarty's internals so I will need to see what could be causing that.

These can be ignored for now though.

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
alt=
@minusme
4 years ago
10 posts
Thanks Brian, much appreciated.

Tags