solved certificate?/connection not secure...

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
3 years ago
3,602 posts
Hi, a member forwarded this screenshot to me today when trying to get to my site of fotmd.com (see screenshot)
I wouldn't think too much of it except that yesterday I got the same google chrome message myself when trying to get to my own site. Since then I have not had a problem, and it's working fine now again, for me anyway.
Looks like in the screenshot says something about CERT_DATE_INVALID.... is my site certificate ok or do I need something updated? Thanks-

--
...just another satisfied Jamroom customer.
Migrated from Ning to Jamroom June 2015

updated by @strumelia: 01/04/22 05:23:44AM
michael
@michael
3 years ago
7,692 posts
Could be renewing or it could be related to the company we get the certs from "Lets Encrypt" renewing their cert.

"Let's Encrypt's Root Certificate is expiring!"
https://scotthelme.co.uk/lets-encrypt-old-root-expiration

If its working now, then its probably renewed and no further action needed.
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
3 years ago
3,602 posts
This member who's not able now to login due to Chrome preventing her---> she's on an old mac laptop, using chrome and she says she cannot update chrome anymore.
She *is* able to access my site from her phone and a tablet... so I'm thinking it's just due to her using outdated laptop and outdated chrome browser. I experienced her same issue for an hour or so myself, with the 'insecure' block on chrome...but it seemed to quickly update/resolve itself for me. I also updated chrome again.
If that's so then hers is just an isolated case that I cannot really help her with. Do you agree?
I'm going to call this unsolvable for my one member now experiencing it, and I'll send her that link you posted above.
Thank you!

--
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
3 years ago
3,602 posts
UPDATE: just now heard from this member and she said she downloaded a new certificate to her computer and that solved her problem- she can now freely get to me site with no blocks.
Sorry if I wasted your time on this. ! I sent her your linked article anyway. Marking this solved.

--