solved Mailgun migrating to google cloud - do I need to do anything?

alt=
ABCD in Action
@abcd-in-action
2 years ago
61 posts
I got this message from Mailgun today. Since I have no idea what they are talking about, can someone tell me if I need to do anything about this on my Jamroom site?

Mailgun will soon begin migrating its infrastructure from Amazon Web Services (AWS) to Google Cloud Platform (GCP). This transition will be gradual – we will shift an increasing percentage of traffic to the new infrastructure over a several week period. During this transition, additional IPs will be added for both our API endpoints and for origination of the webhooks we post to customers.

What this means for you:
If you are currently restricting outbound connections to our API endpoints to AWS IP addresses, you could possibly see errors or connection timeouts when trying to connect to these new addresses. Likewise, if you utilize webhooks and have restrictions on the originating IPs, you will not receive webhooks for messages processed in a GCP region.

Action needed:
This transition will begin June 6, 2022. If you are utilizing API endpoints or webhook origination, please ensure there are not any firewall or system filtering rules based on IP address.
updated by @abcd-in-action: 09/04/22 07:00:18PM
michael
@michael
2 years ago
7,692 posts
On jamroom hosting we do use API endpoints and webhooks but do not do any rate limiting by IP address so I think there is nothing you need to do.

If something breaks though, let us know and we'll try to get it sorted.
alt=
ABCD in Action
@abcd-in-action
2 years ago
61 posts
Thank you, Michael.