completed what does the dash mean for last login date?

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
2 years ago
3,602 posts
Looking in the User browser, I 'sort' users by date of last login.
There are a LOT of them that have only a little dash there.
What exactly does that mean?
Does it mean they applied to my site, but have NEVER logged in at all after i approved their membership?
Thanks

--
...just another satisfied Jamroom customer.
Migrated from Ning to Jamroom June 2015

updated by @strumelia: 11/01/22 08:51:54AM
michael
@michael
2 years ago
7,692 posts
It means they don't have a 'user_last_login' key set on their user info in the database.

The most likely reason for that is that they have never logged in, but it could also be that they have never logged out too so they've always been logged in so its not been set.

Another plausible reason could be the key got deleted. Not sure why or where that would happen but its not completely out of the question.

It should be updated when the session is re-created.
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
2 years ago
3,602 posts
"when the session is recreated"... does that mean when they log in again? Not sure what that means exactly.

I'm thinking it's that they never logged in after their application got approved, because many/most of these are people who got approved like a couple years ago already.

--
michael
@michael
2 years ago
7,692 posts
The 'session' is a php term:
https://www.w3schools.com/php/php_sessions.asp

I think "...they have never logged in after their application got approved...." is correct.
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
2 years ago
3,602 posts
Thank you for this info Michael.
No harm then in my deleting those older members.
I can only tell if the 'dash' ones are from a long while ago by their user ID numbers... the lower numbers having joined my site longer ago. (I wouldn't want to delete someone who just joined a couple of months ago but hadn't revisited again yet since applying.)

--