solved System Core update stalled? (self-hosted)

Clay Gordon
Clay Gordon
@claygordon
9 months ago
719 posts
After starting the update to 7.0 the icon is still twirling after about thirty minutes. The cancel button is not active and so I cannot cancel the update that way.

What are the consequences of just closing or reloading the page – and what should I look for on the server (and in what directory) to see if there is a temporary file that should be deleted?

The site is still loading properly in another window.
updated by @claygordon: 11/04/23 02:46:23PM
brian
@brian
9 months ago
10,139 posts
Yep - that is way too long - should never be more than a minute or so. Just refresh the page, run an integrity check and reset caches - then continue with updates. Let me know if that helps.

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
joehilldottv
@joehilldottv
9 months ago
5 posts
Running four Jamroom-sites on jbservers.net and have same experience. It fixed with integrity check and reset caches. PHP 7.4. But my sites hosted by jamroom.net the update was quick and normal.
Clay Gordon
Clay Gordon
@claygordon
9 months ago
719 posts
Brian:
It turns out the issue was not that the update stalled, just a failure to communicate success. When I reloaded the page I got the success notice. I did an integrity check followed by resetting the caches and all appears okay.

I did not reset the PHP Opcache as it’s new (to me) and I am not sure it’s needed.

Joe – not sure it’s relevant but this instance of Jamroom is at Contabo.
brian
@brian
9 months ago
10,139 posts
"Opcache" is a new entry in the Jamroom cache reset - it's a low level cache built in to PHP - depending on how PHP is configured on your server you may not see PHP script changes until Opcache is reset - so that's been added in JR7.

Updating should never take more than a few minutes unless you are on a severely overloaded server - if it seems to hang just refresh and re-run - should be good.

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net

Tags