solved Need a little help with template

ukdenny
@ukdenny
3 months ago
293 posts
Somehow when altering a template I have done something wrong. In the screen shot attached, I need to make all the same size as the one in the centre. Could you advise me please which template and which bit to alter.
featured artist.jpg
featured artist.jpg  •  182KB

updated by @ukdenny: 01/31/24 08:18:26AM
douglas
@douglas
3 months ago
2,767 posts
Which skin are you using and what page is that featured artists section on?

Thanks!

--

Douglas Hackney
Jamroom Team - Designer/Developer/Support
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
ukdenny
@ukdenny
3 months ago
293 posts
I am using audiopro2 skin and the index page is the issue.
When I loaded a clean install the page had an issue on one of my other sites, with one of the featured artist boxes too wide, you gave me instuctions to change :-1. Open your skins/AudioPro2/index_featured.tpl file.
2. Find this code: changing 7 to 8

This fixed it together with changing
4. Open your skins/jrAudioPro2/index_item_2.tpl

5. Select the entire contents of that file and delete it.

6. Replace it with the following code.

Because the skin I um using for this domain is the same as the other domain I copied the 2 files over. However it was 6 months ago and I wondered if that casued the issue.
I have re-installed the skin and now there are other issues with the page.
updated by @ukdenny: 01/23/24 04:21:17PM
Developer Networks
Developer Networks
@developer-networks
3 months ago
566 posts
so the reason the middle one is bigger then the others is because the text in the middle album has more text and uses two lines. Try trunicating the album text to a limit and this will keep all the boxes the same size no matter how long the album is.

https://www.smarty.net/docs/en/language.modifier.truncate.tpl
ukdenny
@ukdenny
3 months ago
293 posts
I shortend the name of the album and it worked and fixed it thanks. However it's now not the name of the album that is distributed worldwide. But I can live with it.

I have other issues with the index page.

1. On sale Now , does not show all the ones I want it to. I have inserted 2,3,4 but they dont show. Only one shows. I think this could be something to do when Admin set the profiles up and linked them. I have tried to unlink etc but to no avail.

updated by @ukdenny: 01/25/24 07:36:32AM
Developer Networks
Developer Networks
@developer-networks
3 months ago
566 posts
Check the quota for jrAudio in regards to the IDs your adding and make sure the ids have and the quotas allow audio.

Next make sure the songs have a price and can be sold...

run integrity check, clear cache...
updated by @developer-networks: 01/25/24 12:14:58PM
ukdenny
@ukdenny
3 months ago
293 posts
I cannot get this to work, I did all the things in your message (I think).

updated by @ukdenny: 01/26/24 09:48:41AM
Developer Networks
Developer Networks
@developer-networks
3 months ago
566 posts
so to get the right IDs for each song you want to add to the "On Sale" you want to go to the URL associated with the song you want to feature. Notice in the browser the number and apply it to the "On Sale" tab in your skin. for example if you go to the audio file and the url says:

https://my_site.com/admin/audio/12/songnamehere

you will add a comma then 12 to the list of on sale songs..

see attached picture how I added 12 that correlates with the URL of the audio file you want to add.
ukdenny
@ukdenny
3 months ago
293 posts
Sorted, thankyou so much. This was driving me crazy, I was putting in the Artist Ids instead of the songs ids LOL. Easy when you know how. thanks for all your help.
Developer Networks
Developer Networks
@developer-networks
3 months ago
566 posts
Glad to be able to help :]

Tags