I have just updated the Marketplace with the latest version of the Chained Select module - it has been completely overhauled to be easier and more intuitive to use.
However, this new version is NOT backwards compatible with the previous version's data store back-end, and you'll need to follow these steps after you have updated to the latest release:
1) Go into your marketplace and update to the new version
2) In the ACP go to Forms -> Chained Select -> Manage Sets
3) Click on the "Export Old Sets" button in the upper right corner
4) Select the sets to export, 1 at a time and save them to your computer
5) Go to the "tools" tab -> Import a Set
6) Enter the name (exactly as it was in the old set name) - i.e. if the old set was called "locations", the new set needs to be "locations"
7) Select the file you downloaded as the "CSV File" and press Submit.
8) Repeat steps 6 and 7 for each file you downloaded in step 4.
Once all the files are re-imported, you next need to head to the Form Designer for wherever you are using the chained select:
1) In the previous version of the module you had to create a separate select form for each of the "levels" of the chained select - that is no longer needed. So delete an select fields beyond the "0" field - i.e. if you had fields called:
you can delete the _1 and _2 version - NOT the _0 form field.
2) Modify the _0 form field, and REMOVE the _0 from the end of the field name - using our example we would remove the "_0" part and be left with "profile_location"
3) Save the changes
The new version of the module automatically creates the select fields as needed.
There are also some important changes that are NO LONGER supported in the new module:
- select_and_text field is no longer available. This field was too complicated to function properly
- chained select "levels" are limited to 3
Our hope is that the new module is easier and more intuitive to use, and will be easier for us to support down the road.
Let us know if you have any questions.
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
updated by @brian: 07/02/14 10:10:24AM