solved Is there a way to reorder GROUPS

derrickhand300
@derrickhand300
6 years ago
1,353 posts
On my home page using item lists I am able to make a list of groups in the order they were created
but when I go to my profile and click on groups they are not in the order i want like the home page
Is there a way to order groups like drag n drop or adding a number...
I would like them ordered top to bottom in the order they were created in on the profile page ( same as home page)
I think this could be done by altering the template but wondering if their was an easier way using the admin interface?
updated by @derrickhand300: 08/14/18 12:41:04AM
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
6 years ago
3,602 posts
You'd be looking in your template for where they are currently ordered by, and making sure it was by their Group ID number, like:
jrCore_list module="jrGroup" order_by="_item_id desc"

--
...just another satisfied Jamroom customer.
Migrated from Ning to Jamroom June 2015
michael
@michael
6 years ago
7,692 posts
The template you're after is
jrGroups item_list.tpl

Thats the top page for the GROUPS tab on peoples profiles. adjust the jrCore_list as strumelia suggested. Its on line 42 ish.
derrickhand300
@derrickhand300
6 years ago
1,353 posts
Strumelia:
You'd be looking in your template for where they are currently ordered by, and making sure it was by their Group ID number, like:
jrCore_list module="jrGroup" order_by="_item_id desc"

Thanks again
the only thing i have in that template with the word "list" in it is
  {jrCore_item_list_buttons module="jrGroup" item=$item "}
which I added this too
  {jrCore_item_list_buttons module="jrGroup" item=$item order_by="_item_id desc"}
and saved to the skin then cleared cache but made no difference

I can find no other mention of jrCore_list module in the template-(Im using Projam dark) I am looking in jrGroup item_list.tpl
updated by @derrickhand300: 05/09/18 06:41:05AM
derrickhand300
@derrickhand300
6 years ago
1,353 posts
Here is the template code
{jrCore_module_url module="jrGroup" assign="murl"}
{if isset($_items)}
    {foreach from=$_items item="item"}
        <div class="item">
            <div class="container">
                <div class="row">
                    <div class="col2">
                        {if $item.group_private == 'on'}
                            <div class="p5 center error">
                                <span class="info">{jrCore_lang module="jrGroup" id="20" default="Private Group"}</span>
                                    <a href="{$jamroom_url}/{$item.profile_url}/{$murl}/{$item._item_id}/{$item.group_title_url}">{jrCore_module_function function="jrImage_display" module="jrGroup" type="group_image" item_id=$item._item_id size="large" crop="auto" class="iloutline img_scale" alt=$item.group_title width=false height=false}</a>
                            </div>
                        {else}
                            <a href="{$jamroom_url}/{$item.profile_url}/{$murl}/{$item._item_id}/{$item.group_title_url}">{jrCore_module_function function="jrImage_display" module="jrGroup" type="group_image" item_id=$item._item_id size="large" crop="auto" class="iloutline img_scale" alt=$item.group_title width=false height=false}</a>
                        {/if}
                    </div>
                    <div class="col8">
                        <div style="padding-left:28px">
                            <div style="overflow-wrap:break-word">
                                <h2><a href="{$jamroom_url}/{$item.profile_url}/{$murl}/{$item._item_id}/{$item.group_title_url}">{$item.group_title}</a></h2><br>
                                <span class="info">{jrCore_lang module="jrGroup" id="13" default="Members"}:</span>&nbsp;<span class="info_c">{$item.group_member_count|default:0}</span><br>
                                <span class="info">{jrCore_lang module="jrGroup" id="14" default="Description"}:</span>&nbsp;<span class="info_c">{$item.group_description|jrCore_format_string:$item.profile_quota_id|jrCore_strip_html|truncate:75}</span>
                                {if $item.group_private == 'on'}
                                    <br><span class="info">{jrCore_lang module="jrGroup" id="20" default="Private Group"}</span>
                                {/if}
                            </div>
                        </div>
                    </div>
                    <div class="col2 last">
                        <div class="block_config">
                            {jrCore_item_list_buttons module="jrGroup" item=$item "}
                        </div>
                    </div>
                </div>
            </div>
        </div>
    {/foreach}
{/if}
douglas
@douglas
6 years ago
2,767 posts
I think your looking for the jrGroup item_index.tpl if you are wanting to modify the jrCore_list function.

Hope this helps!

--

Douglas Hackney
Jamroom Team - Designer/Developer/Support
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
6 years ago
3,602 posts
I think Curtis means he wants to do this reordering in his https://site.com/profilename/group Groups Tab page. Would that not be somewhere in the skin's Profile templates?
Then (I thought) once he reordered those in his own profile Tab, he wanted to have all the other members (who are NOT allowed to create or own groups on their own), see a Groups TAB on their own profile pages and when clicking it always be taken to see Curtis' /group page instead. Is that correct?

--
derrickhand300
@derrickhand300
6 years ago
1,353 posts
Strumelia:
I think Curtis means he wants to do this reordering in his https://site.com/profilename/group Groups Tab page. Would that not be somewhere in the skin's Profile templates?
Then (I thought) once he reordered those in his own profile Tab, he wanted to have all the other members (who are NOT allowed to create or own groups on their own), see a Groups TAB on their own profile pages and when clicking it always be taken to see Curtis' /group page instead. Is that correct?

Yes that would be the ideal set up
michael
@michael
6 years ago
7,692 posts
My mistake. Thanks douglas for spotting it. The template is jrGroup item_index.tpl that controls https://site.com/profilename/group

You will find the jrCore_list in there line 42 ish.
michael
@michael
6 years ago
7,692 posts
As for adding a GROUPS button to profiles that do not have access to the groups module, then yes strumelia correct for the location. You'd need to add a button to those profile menus that don't have it via the skins profile_menu.tpl file.
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
6 years ago
3,602 posts
This is cool. Though i don't want to do the same stuff Curtis does, I fixed up my two sites so that all three: the main Group Index page, the main page Groups widget, and now the Groups owner profile page Groups Tab ...ALL are coordinated to show the groups ordered by: group_member_count numerical_desc ...the groups with the most members on top, groups with least members on bottom. Used to have those profile page Groups Tab lists ordered differently (by date of creation) than at the other two 'group list' locations.
Much tidier now. Thanks for bringing this up Curtis. :)

--
derrickhand300
@derrickhand300
6 years ago
1,353 posts
Strumelia:
This is cool. Though i don't want to do the same stuff Curtis does, I fixed up my two sites so that all three: the main Group Index page, the main page Groups widget, and now the Groups owner profile page Groups Tab ...ALL are coordinated to show the groups ordered by: group_member_count numerical_desc ...the groups with the most members on top, groups with least members on bottom. Used to have those profile page Groups Tab lists ordered differently (by date of creation) than at the other two 'group list' locations.
Much tidier now. Thanks for bringing this up Curtis. :)

hehehe Glad I could "help" :)...im still struggling though

Tags