Genosis Master Admin Account deleted by mistake!

alt=
@attiqbukhari
9 years ago
4 posts
Okay I put my hand up, I done a stupid thing, I deleted the most important user, the master admin for Genosis.

I was doing quite well actually, in only a few hours, I managed to install on my own hosted server running MariaDB and PHPadmin, I set both up, uploaded Genosis following what I can only call fool proof guide and even built a tree with my family going back two generations... then I found there were multiple profiles... being the kind of person I am (ill may be) I started deleting the extra ones, not realising one of them was myself that was linked to the master admin user ....help!!!

I don't mind restarting from scratch, but how do I uninstall safely with out corrupting my server MariaDB or PHPadmin.

I am hoping as I installed Genosis into its own folder, it will be easy as deleting and copying files again??

I search the forum with out success for advice on this.. so your my last chance, before I mess up further.

Many thanks in advance.
updated by @attiqbukhari: 03/06/15 11:07:28AM
brian
@brian
9 years ago
10,136 posts
Welcome to the forums!

First up - let's make sure you actually deleted your master admin account - and not just your master admin profile (in JR users and profiles are separate items). Are you able to still log in to your site or are you no longer able to log in?

Thanks!

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
alt=
@attiqbukhari
9 years ago
4 posts
Thank you for volunteering your time to help with this, I am pretty certain it's the account that has been deleted as I can no longer login using the same name.
alt=
@attiqbukhari
9 years ago
4 posts
What makes me sure of this is that after performing that silly mistake,when I clicked one of the buttons, I was asked to login... Throw out of the house so to speak!
brian
@brian
9 years ago
10,136 posts
Sorry for not following up yesterday - I had to run out just after I posted above.

I can manually recreate your Master account if needed - not sure if you already reset things. Let me know at support [at] jamroom [dot] net and I'll do my best to recreate it for you.

Hope this helps!

--
Brian Johnson
alt=
@attiqbukhari
9 years ago
4 posts
Good Morning Brian,

Thank you for the reply, fortunately I have not deleted/reset any thing just yet, I was kind off still had hope of some kind of superhero intervention..so your gesture fits with that well!

What do I need to do if any thing?
brian
@brian
9 years ago
10,136 posts
attiqbukhari:
Good Morning Brian,

Thank you for the reply, fortunately I have not deleted/reset any thing just yet, I was kind off still had hope of some kind of superhero intervention..so your gesture fits with that well!

What do I need to do if any thing?

Send me your FTP login info (or SSH login info) to support [at] jamroom [dot] net and I will basically manually create a new master account for you in your database.

Hope this helps!

--
Brian Johnson

Tags