investigating General Gallery Question

blindmime
@blindmime
9 years ago
772 posts
I'm wondering about how you choose to create galleries under people. Like if a photo has multiple people in it; say, two brothers. Do you put that photo into a gallery under each person? I'm almost wondering if it would be possible to create galleries outside of individuals somehow. Or, I guess I could create those groups under me, as the main profile.

What are you finding to work best?
updated by @blindmime: 09/09/15 04:31:10PM
blindmime
@blindmime
9 years ago
772 posts
I added the Tag module. Might it be possible to have the tags you attach to photos list those photos when you click the tag? Now it brings up the gallery the photo belongs to, rather than the photo itself. I think if it could display the individual photos having a particular tag it would very useful. It would be a great way of grouping photos in various groupings.
brian
@brian
9 years ago
10,139 posts
This is really a judgement call - if a photo has a lot of people in it I will usually attach it to the Genosis profile for the person the event took place for - i.e. a birthday, etc. For others where that is not clear it's really a judgement call.

I will check out the tags setup - that sounds like a good idea.

Thanks!

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
blindmime
@blindmime
9 years ago
772 posts
Thanks, Brian.

I've been adding my mother's photos and I was adding a number of them this weekend. I've been thinking it would be really nice if the tag entry box was a general select and text maybe (entries from all profiles). Or something. Something helpful to remember and enter all the names.

Tags