Time Map error

alt=
@nl
8 years ago
23 posts
Hi,

First, when I go to the Time Map, I get an "Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier" in the console, because of the following message embedded in the TimeMap.init datasets (missing quotes are raising the error) : "There are no profiles to create a Time Map from! (ensure you have run the initialization tool to create the correct map info)".

I assume that the initialization tool is the "Validate Events" tool in Time Map admin panel ? When I run it, I get "no results for location: ..." for every location, even if they are correctly named (city, state, country). Activity log indicates "Unable to get geocode info for ... events". As I assume that it populate geo data by name, do you know what could be the issue here ?

Finally, as all the locations in my database (wich have been imported from gramps) have already correct latitude and longitude information, shouldn't these be used directly and avoid this validation step ?

Thanks for your help, and your awesome work.
updated by @nl: 03/20/17 11:20:35PM
douglas
@douglas
8 years ago
2,767 posts
Do you have the jrGeo module installed and setup correctly?

I'm not seeing an issue on my dev site.

--

Douglas Hackney
Jamroom Team - Designer/Developer/Support
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
alt=
@nl
8 years ago
23 posts
Hi Douglas,

I just did (installed & uploaded GeoLiteCity.dat), but I have the same results.
Is jrGeo needed by Genosis/TimeMap ? I missed this requirement.
douglas
@douglas
8 years ago
2,767 posts
You might try running your Integrity Check tool as well as Reset Caches.

Hope this helps!

--

Douglas Hackney
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
alt=
@nl
8 years ago
23 posts
I just did, unfortunately I have the same issues.
Thanks for your help.
douglas
@douglas
8 years ago
2,767 posts
nl:
I just did, unfortunately I have the same issues.
Thanks for your help.

Without being able to replicate it on our end, we'll need access to your site. Can you send us your site URL and admin login so we can check it out?

support[at] jamrom[dot] net

Thanks!

--

Douglas Hackney
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
alt=
@nl
8 years ago
23 posts
I just created an admin account, a mail should have been sent to support[at]jamroom[dot]net !
douglas
@douglas
8 years ago
2,767 posts
We got the email, but the login isn't working for me. Can you re-check the account for us?

Thanks!

--

Douglas Hackney
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
alt=
@nl
8 years ago
23 posts
Hi,
Sorry, I missed the "The User will be unable to log in without a linked Profile!" warning.
It should be ok now.
douglas
@douglas
8 years ago
2,767 posts
Hmm, still not able to login, is the profile active?

Thanks!

--

Douglas Hackney
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
alt=
@nl
8 years ago
23 posts
I re-created the user/profile, hoping that will work now.
I mixed up things by not selecting the creation of a profile with the first one.
douglas
@douglas
8 years ago
2,767 posts
Can you resend the login info, someone on the team deleted the email by accident.

--

Douglas Hackney
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
douglas
@douglas
8 years ago
2,767 posts
Okay, got it and have fixed the Time Map for you, you had the geo module activated but you didn't upload the .dat file needed. Have done this for you and validated the time map events, you should be good to go now.

Let us know if you see any issues.

Thanks!

--

Douglas Hackney
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
alt=
@nl
8 years ago
23 posts
That's strange, I did upload it and get a confirmation.
But I still didn't get it working... Same errors as indicated in first post.
Did you just load the Time Map page, or did something else ?

(Thanks for your support)
updated by @nl: 12/19/16 08:58:22AM
douglas
@douglas
8 years ago
2,767 posts
nl:
That's strange, I did upload it and get a confirmation.
But I still didn't get it working... Same errors as indicated in first post.
Did you just load the Time Map page, or did something else ?

(Thanks for your support)

In your Admin > Genosis > Genosis - Time Map > Tools there is a validate tool, I ran that with the "skip existing entries" box unchecked.

Hope this helps!

--

Douglas Hackney
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
alt=
@nl
8 years ago
23 posts
Hi, that's what I do, without success.

Maybe there is a problem with the upload of the .dat file ? I got a wrong confirmation (see image attached), maybe you too ? Where is supposed to be located the file on the server ?
Geo Location.jpg
Geo Location.jpg  •  30KB

douglas
@douglas
8 years ago
2,767 posts
Sorry, I don't understand, is it not working for you?

I didn't see any issues with it on your site.

Thanks!

--

Douglas Hackney
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
alt=
@nl
8 years ago
23 posts
Hi,

That's right, it's not working. I still have the error, and the validate tool issue (see attached & first post).
It's very strange that things are working on your side... Is it client-related, or user-related ?
error.jpg
error.jpg  •  54KB

error2.jpg
error2.jpg  •  44KB

validate.jpg
validate.jpg  •  11KB

douglas
@douglas
8 years ago
2,767 posts
You might try clearing your browser cache if you have not done so already. Do you see the map working on this page?

genosis/francoise-isnardon-676

This is what I see when clicking the location link.

Hope this helps!

--

Douglas Hackney
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos

updated by @douglas: 12/19/16 02:22:21PM
alt=
@nl
8 years ago
23 posts
I did clear the cache, and tried with several different computers (I'm on another one now).
I see the maps from any events on profile pages (I may be wrong but it seems that I was able to do so since the gedcom import, before trying anything with the locations, but I may be confused ?).

It seems that the second result on a Google search for "gentimemap/browse" is raising the same error, if it can help : http://suyyagh.com/suyyagh/gentimemap/browse

Don't hesitate to tell me directions or clues you may have, including code, if I may help.
And don't hesitate to contact me directly by mail if you want to include anything private.

Thanks again !
updated by @nl: 12/19/16 03:47:24PM
alt=
@nl
8 years ago
23 posts
And in case it could be related or help, here are two another things that I was initially planning to raise after this subject :
- the site take one to two minutes to load at "first" loads (maybe at every new session, or after x time, I can't tell), and respond normally after that. Other locations on the server are not impacted.
- I was wondering if it may be related to World Events loading, which doesn't work either (no event are loaded/listed in the event browser of the module).
brian
@brian
8 years ago
10,136 posts
Based on your screenshot, something in your browser is blocking the loading of assets from gstatic.com, which is a Google domain. If you have NoScript, or uBlock running in your browser make sure it is disabled on your Genosis site.

Also - if the site is taking a minute or two to load, I would suspect very slow hosting - try going into ACP -> Core -> System Core -> Tools tab -> and click on "performance check" and run a performance test and let us know what you get.

Hope this helps!

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
alt=
@nl
8 years ago
23 posts
Hi Brian,
Thanks for your answers !

I have tested without anything blocking, and with fresh installed different browsers, and got the same results (no validation & browsing error). Note that I can browse this one fine for exemple :
https://johnsonfamily.talldude.net/gentimemap/browse

As indicated before, the error come from a js SyntaxError raised from a warning logged in the middle of the TimeMap.init() options, saying that "there are no profiles to create a Time Map from! (ensure you have run the initialization tool to create the correct map info)".

About the loading speed, this is not a very fast hosting indeed but none of the other systems (including several cms including wp, several wikis, etc.) installed on the same setup are showing any slowness. Here are the performance scores : Processor 1@0.42 / Database (MySQL 5.5.52) 16.67 / Filesystem 2.14 / Overall 416
Is Jamroom processing so much ?
updated by @nl: 12/20/16 03:52:05PM
brian
@brian
8 years ago
10,136 posts
So that error comes out if there are no visible profiles with birth dates set - the Timemap completely runs on birth dates.

Do you have a URL you can post so I can try loading it from here?

416 on the performance test is a bit on the slow side, but should be OK - just make sure you have caching enabled (Core -> Global Config -> Cache Seconds). Jamroom is a bit more involved than a Wiki or WP, and does really well on systems with SSD's. Your database score of 16.67 is the slow part.

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
alt=
@nl
8 years ago
23 posts
Hi,

I just sent you a reminder of the addresses and logins.

The cache is set as default.

Thanks.

Tags