Query Error: Field 'tree_notes' doesn't have a default value

blindmime
@blindmime
7 years ago
772 posts
I'm getting this error when trying to create a new trees from an existing profile.
updated by @blindmime: 07/09/17 06:14:56PM
michael
@michael
7 years ago
7,692 posts
can you add a note?
blindmime
@blindmime
7 years ago
772 posts
Yes, and there is a note for the tree.
michael
@michael
7 years ago
7,692 posts
Then I need some steps :)

Can you outline in steps that I can take to see this error happening please.
blindmime
@blindmime
7 years ago
772 posts
This is a Genosis website.

When in the profile form there is a button you may click, "create new tree from an existing profile".

When you click that button, you get a form where you can name the tree (see attached).

When you submit this form, you get the error.

I have tried it on a test tree with the same result, so it's not just this particular profile which is causing the error.
screenshot_772.png
screenshot_772.png  •  41KB

michael
@michael
7 years ago
7,692 posts
update from the marketplace, should be fixed in 1.5.12
blindmime
@blindmime
7 years ago
772 posts
So, I was the beginning of my family tree and I created a new tree from my father's profile. Now my father and mother are gone from my profile; only my siblings remain. And in the new tree which begins with my father, his profile is missing all of his children. So all of my ancestors are gone and all of his children are gone. And I can't add them in by choosing existing people -- my ancestors are gone and his children are gone even though they do exist in the other tree.

Oh, and when you select my father's newly created tree and click on "explore" in the menu to view the tree branches, it starts with his nephew on my mother's side.
michael
@michael
7 years ago
7,692 posts
That doesn't seam related to "Field 'tree_notes' doesn't have a default value", seams like a separate issue.
blindmime
@blindmime
7 years ago
772 posts
From my perspective, it's related because what I'm doing is clicking the "create a new trees from an existing profile".

At first, there was an issue with it not working at all and my reporting the error message I got to you. Now, it "works" but there are, at least what seem to me, multiple issues which I am reporting.

Yes, the issues resulting from clicking the button are different, but I am still just clicking the button in both cases. Your team may treat them as separate issues, but for me as the user, it's the same issue: clicking the button is not resulting in what I would expect.
brian
@brian
7 years ago
10,136 posts
blindmime:
Oh, and when you select my father's newly created tree and click on "explore" in the menu to view the tree branches, it starts with his nephew on my mother's side.

Currently the way "explore" works is it starts with the ancestor profile with the _lowest_ ID - once you are in "explore" then the ID is appended to the URL so it all works. You can also explore from a specific profile by clicking the "view tree" button on their profile.

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
brian
@brian
7 years ago
10,136 posts
blindmime:
Yes, the issues resulting from clicking the button are different, but I am still just clicking the button in both cases. Your team may treat them as separate issues, but for me as the user, it's the same issue: clicking the button is not resulting in what I would expect.

Are you still getting the SQL error?

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
blindmime
@blindmime
7 years ago
772 posts
I'm not seeing that error and the profile was created. But it's missing his children (me and my brothers and sister). And we are missing him. I'm assuming it's doing what you intended, but my intention when I clicked the button was to make my father the top of the tree but it sounds like I was thinking about it wrong.

Tags