Adding events, like date of birth to children does not add event to parents

alt=
@itsken
7 years ago
53 posts
Hi, I've been adding some events to children - I would have expected that events like their birth would be added to the parents timeline and I would not have to go in and add a separate event. Is this a bug or working as expected ?
updated by @itsken: 10/13/17 09:21:52PM
brian
@brian
7 years ago
10,136 posts
itsken:
Hi, I've been adding some events to children - I would have expected that events like their birth would be added to the parents timeline and I would not have to go in and add a separate event. Is this a bug or working as expected ?

Adding in a birth on a child's timeline should create a "Birth of Child" event on the parents timeline. I have just tested it here and see it working - if you don't see it working let me know the exact steps you are taking so I can try to reproduce it here.

Thanks!

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
alt=
@itsken
7 years ago
53 posts
Brian,
I've added the dates in two methods, one by going into the person and adding a new event by clicking on the + and I've also gone into edit on the person and added the date of the birth there ... I have one entry in that state now ...
brian
@brian
7 years ago
10,136 posts
itsken:
Brian,
I've added the dates in two methods, one by going into the person and adding a new event by clicking on the + and I've also gone into edit on the person and added the date of the birth there ... I have one entry in that state now ...

I've just tried both ways here and it works both ways. This is what I did:

1) Clicked "add new child" on a parent
2) added the new child info and left out the birth date. Checked the boxes to link the new child with other family members.
3) clicked the "+" on the child's timeline and entered a birth event
4) the "birth of child" event was added to both parent timelines

1) Clicked "add new child" on a parent
2) added the new child info and ENTERED the birth date. Checked the boxes to link the new child with other family members.
3) the "birth of child" event was added to both parent timelines

Let me know if that sounds like what you're doing.

--
Brian Johnson
alt=
@itsken
7 years ago
53 posts
When I go into edit on the person, clicking the Gear Icon, if i add the birth date there - both parents get updated. However if I use the create an event in the child it does not ... see screen shot - the update other profiles is greyed out
brian
@brian
7 years ago
10,136 posts
Try updating to the latest Genosis Events I just pushed to the Marketplace - to be honest I am not sure if it will fix what you are seeing, but there are some fixes in their for syncing in profiles. If that does NOT fix it let me know. I don't see this issue on this end.

Are you running Jamroom Core 6.0.7 or the 6.1 beta?

Thanks!

--
Brian Johnson

Tags