Translating great grand

Svante
Svante
@svante
7 years ago
3 posts
I'm putting some effort in translating Genosis to Swedish and ran in to a problem with grand parents. Its the string below the picture that says "Your Great Grandfather".

Mother is "mor" in Swedish, father is "far". Grandfather on your mother's side is "morfar" and on your father's side is "farfar". Grandmother is either "mormor" or farmor". Great grandfather would be either "farfars far" or "morfars far" or the like. Great great grandfather could be "farfars farfar". The s is simply genitive.

The same applies for uncle and aunt. Your father's sister is called "faster" and your mother's sister "moster". Father's brother "farbror" and your mother's brother "morbror"

Genosis is not designed to support this and I fully understand that there will be a good amount of work to meet these requirements. Can I be of any assistance? Just let me know.

Initially I would like to be able to turn off the function that prints this information on the profile page.
updated by @svante: 11/14/17 09:40:57PM
michael
@michael
7 years ago
7,692 posts
The function that prints that information is found in the profile_header.tpl file.

Docs: "Using the Template Editor"
https://www.jamroom.net/the-jamroom-network/documentation/jamroom-admin-handbook/3183/using-the-template-editor

Adjust line 176 which currently reads
 {jrGenCore_get_viewer_relation profile_id=$_profile_id assign="out"}

make that not work by "commenting it out", which just means turn that section into a comment in the code rather than running the actual code. We leave comments in the code by surrounding them with {* this is just a comment *}. so change it to:
{* {jrGenCore_get_viewer_relation profile_id=$_profile_id assign="out"} *}
SAVE CHANGES then activate the template and it will be gone.

Need to think about the language thing......mmm.

--edit--
ah, sorry, the template is found at:
ACP -> SKINS -> GENERAL -> GENOSIS FAMILY TREE -> TEMPLATES -> profile_header.tpl -> MODIFY
updated by @michael: 08/16/17 06:24:01PM

Tags