Mailgun - email validations ??

alt=
@itsken
5 years ago
53 posts
Hi,
I just saw a large spike in email validations through mailgun, it's just happened for one month and I got charged a whopping 64c .... But what could have happened to see the increase in email validations - i don't see a large spike in the email logs ... the email that gets sent from my server pretty much all come to my email address, so I'm wondering what could be going on with my system ??
TIA
Ken
updated by @itsken: 02/16/20 03:19:38PM
brian
@brian
5 years ago
10,136 posts
itsken:
Hi,
I just saw a large spike in email validations through mailgun, it's just happened for one month and I got charged a whopping 64c .... But what could have happened to see the increase in email validations - i don't see a large spike in the email logs ... the email that gets sent from my server pretty much all come to my email address, so I'm wondering what could be going on with my system ??
TIA
Ken

Hi Ken -

The Mailgun module will go through you existing user accounts and validate any that it finds it did not validate. If you've had the option enabled for a while, it's weird you would see a bunch of them all at once. Did you just turn on the validation feature?

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
alt=
@itsken
5 years ago
53 posts
Hi Brian, I've had it enabled from Day 1, from my mailgun account I can see the following from march 2019....
March - 0 validation, 28 Messages
April - 1 validation, 22 Messages
May - 0 validation, 1 Message
June - 0 validation, 5 Messages
July - 0 validation, 31 messages
August - 2 Validations, 32 messages
September - 164 Validations, 199 messages
October - 0 Validations, 15 Messages

Ken
brian
@brian
5 years ago
10,136 posts
Yeah that's weird - I'm not sure what would cause it to "kick on" in September and not earlier. Does it appear to be working correctly for you now?

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net

Tags