solved moved to subdomain, 403 error

blindmime
@blindmime
10 years ago
772 posts
I've moved a site to a new subdomain on the same host. I changed the domain in the config.php file and deleted all the cache files as directed. However, I'm getting a 403 Forbidden error with the following errors in my log:

[Sun May 18 06:30:34 2014] [error] Directory index forbidden by Options directive: /public_html/legacy/
[Sun May 18 06:30:34 2014] [error] Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.

This is a genosis site, incidentally.
updated by @blindmime: 06/23/14 11:12:29PM
brian
@brian
10 years ago
10,136 posts
Make sure the public_html/legacy directory (if that is where it is at) is permissioned correctly and owned by the correct user account.

Hope this helps!

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
blindmime
@blindmime
10 years ago
772 posts
Permissions are 755 and the owner is the same as the original directory.
blindmime
@blindmime
10 years ago
772 posts
I see what happened. To copy the original site, I selected everything in the root directory on the host server and copied it to a directory on my local drive. Then I copied all of that to the new subdomain directory on the host. However, with a module like jrCore which had multiple versioned directories, Filezilla copied each versioned directory, but not the alias. So there wasn't a directory called "jrCore" -- just each versioned directory. Same with the skins.

If I drag the alias directory from the host server to my local drive, it copies the most recent version. So I've done that and the site appears to be working. However, have I lost anything in the process? Just checking.
updated by @blindmime: 05/18/14 03:56:38PM
michael
@michael
10 years ago
7,692 posts
nope, your fine.

If you use the rebase tool in the developers tools module thats exactly what it will do. Copy the latest version of the module to the base url and remove the symlink.

You just did that manually. Nice job.
blindmime
@blindmime
10 years ago
772 posts
It's interesting having two distinct domains pulling content from the one jamroom database install. I have some ideas where this might be interesting. Just thinking, would there be any issues doing this? Not with Genosis specifically, but having two or more jamroom installs pulling from the same "master" database install.

Tags