Environment - I'm on DigitalOcean hosting.
I have a situation where I need to move from a larger sized droplet to a smaller sized droplet. Unfortunately, DO doesn't have a way to resize down their droplets (with a few clicks) =(
So, contacted DO support and they presented me with an option to:
1) create a new smaller droplet in the same datacenter
2) use rsync to sync the files between the two droplets
3) take a snapshot of the smaller server
4) destroy the larger server to release the IP
5) rebuild a new server from the snapshot and it should reclaim the same IP
My question is, does jamroom have the capability (perhaps a backend tool/module not offered to their customers) to do a site to site migration?
I understand it wouldn't be the same IP, but what I could do is prep a smaller sized droplet (install LAMP, etc), JR performs the JR5 to JR5 migration, then I can cut over DNS?
OR can JR perform the rsync migration as prescribed by DO, and I can pay for a custom support incident?
Please advise on any viable options.
updated by @ilovehousemusic: 17 Sep 2014 05:34:03AM