questions about new beta ecommerrce

soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
7 years ago
3,304 posts
lil confused after indstall (and btw THANK YOU FOR FINALLY UPGRADING FOXYCXART!!!!)
i have 2 payments in ,profile meny
but only 1 products

i have a custom shops page here
https://www.dreadlockssite.com/shops

so questions
1 do membersd with shops need to move products to new system or do anything at all
2 do i need to do anything to make payment gateways match
3 does that shops page need anything changed
4 (i assume) what foxycart modules should be removed bundles foxycart anything else?
5 does new system support more shipping options

--
soaringeagle
head dreadhead at dreadlocks site
glider pilot student and member/volunteer coordinator with freedoms wings international soaring for people with disabilities

updated by @soaringeagle: 12/20/17 07:13:46PM
douglas
@douglas
7 years ago
2,767 posts
You don't need to use the FoxyCart modules if you are going to be using the new payment modules.

Hope this helps!

--

Douglas Hackney
Jamroom Team - Designer/Developer/Support
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
7 years ago
3,304 posts
no changes needed to my site or to existing products/
and are more shipping options available/ like zone options flat rate options anything like that.. the thing that made foxy so useless was the 1 size fits all approach to shipping, since each "zone' has its own shipping costs people had to use an average then either overcharge and refund the extra or take a loss (numbered the questions in the hopes of getting all 5 answered)
\

--
soaringeagle
glider pilot student and member/volunteer coordinator with freedoms wings international soaring for people with disabilities
brian
@brian
7 years ago
10,136 posts
soaringeagle:
and are more shipping options available/ like zone options flat rate options anything like that.

No - not this time in the module. It IS something we've planned for though - there are specific hooks into the cart to allow for shipping based on the buyers location, but for now it is still just a single shipping and handling value. Note that we do not have any plans to build that type of functionality ourselves - any variable shipping options would be integrated using a 3rd party API, as there are entire companies that have built around this single feature.

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
7 years ago
3,304 posts
the api way is a good option
zencart is open source and has some great shipping modules that could be ported to jr ..msaybe?

but either way its good that your adressing that major flaw in the old system

--
soaringeagle
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
7 years ago
3,304 posts
next question
how to change that ugly @ to something more sensible like a shopping cart
none of the modules has any image that corresponds to that
and can it be added to the menu like the fc shopping cart was

--
soaringeagle
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
7 years ago
3,304 posts
and
after disabling fc ..that whole shops page needs redoing since it uses seamless what are the coresponding seamless modules

--
soaringeagle
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
7 years ago
3,304 posts
haha you fixed the @ thank you!
now i see easy ways to import bundles and payments but nnot products?

--
soaringeagle

Tags