solved redis minor bug-sessions

soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
7 years ago
3,304 posts
when using redis for sessions the dashboard shows no bots and only 1 or 2 sessions instead of the 40 plus users and 150+ bots typical (made me panic i lost all trafic haha) i switched toi default session handlker and the numbers returned to normal within minutes

--
soaringeagle
head dreadhead at dreadlocks site
glider pilot student and member/volunteer coordinator with freedoms wings international soaring for people with disabilities

updated by @soaringeagle: 01/19/18 07:00:40AM
brian
@brian
7 years ago
10,136 posts
I can see why this is happening - the way bots are supported is a bit different, and will need an update. The regular online user count is working correctly here for me though.

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
7 years ago
3,304 posts
not for me i only sshowed 1 or 2 active instead of 40+ without redis sessions

--
soaringeagle
glider pilot student and member/volunteer coordinator with freedoms wings international soaring for people with disabilities
brian
@brian
7 years ago
10,136 posts
The online bot count issue has been fixed in the latest Users and Redis modules - update and you should be good.

Hope this helps!

--
Brian Johnson
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
7 years ago
3,304 posts
will need to test it some after switching to redis sessions users says 3 (not 40) bots 8 not the 170 typical but that might just take time for the sessions to update

--
soaringeagle
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
7 years ago
3,304 posts
oh hmmm question (this might be why/)
i have 2 sites using the same redis server
both caching keys and sessions in the same redis instance
both show the same number of users and bots

yea verified
it seems its not differentiating the sessions between sites

--
soaringeagle
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
7 years ago
3,304 posts
cleared keys online users still says 23 (on both sites) bots 14 (on both)
it clearly is not handeling sessions correctly across sites when more then 1 jr sites using it

test again with multiple jr sites in use
in fact i bet if 1 is very active and the other never even had dns propegation they still will match even though the 1 is essentially inaccessible

--
soaringeagle
brian
@brian
7 years ago
10,136 posts
That's not going to work - you'll need a separate Redis instance for each site.

--
Brian Johnson
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
7 years ago
3,304 posts
how do you accomplish that correctly

--
soaringeagle

Tags