changes in configuration are not taking effect

Cloud Media
Cloud Media
@cloud-media
6 years ago
53 posts
Hi Team

i had my upload limit at 128 MB earlier and it was working fine, now i tried to increase the upload limit to 1GB, it is showing new value (1GB) in quota configuration as well as the video upload page (it shows there "max upload: 1GB"), but due to some reason i am not able to upload anything bigger than 128MB, seems like its showing that it has 1GB upload limit now but its not updated internally yet,

when i try to upload, it just gives the error "upload failed"

Please let me know what can be done in that case.

Thanks
updated by @cloud-media: 07/12/18 07:19:15PM
michael
@michael
6 years ago
7,692 posts
Things I would think about trying:
* restart the web server
* check the error logs to find out what "upload failed" means
Cloud Media
Cloud Media
@cloud-media
6 years ago
53 posts
This is what i got in error log:

[01-Apr-2018 18:53:20 America/Denver] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Aws\Common\Exception\InstanceProfileCredentialsException: Error retrieving credentials from the instance profile metadata server. When you are not running inside of Amazon EC2, you must provide your AWS access key ID and secret access key in the "key" and "secret" options when creating a client or provide an instantiated Aws\Common\Credentials\CredentialsInterface object. ([curl] 28: Connection time-out [url] http://169.254.169.254/latest/meta-data/iam/security-credentials/) in /var/www/vhosts/mixbizz.com/httpdocs/beatz/modules/jrAwsSDK-release-1.0.0/contrib/aws/Aws/Common/InstanceMetadata/InstanceMetadataClient.php:85 [72]

This is what i have in activity log:

recursive module trigger detected for jrCore/db_get_item
michael
@michael
6 years ago
7,692 posts
Looks like you havent setup the jrBackup module with your Amazon credentials. double check you have.
Cloud Media
Cloud Media
@cloud-media
6 years ago
53 posts
is it required to increase upload limit, i just need the upload limit to be increased
michael
@michael
6 years ago
7,692 posts
that error is unrelated to increasing upload limit, but it should be fixed either by adding your credentials or by disabling the module.

The docs for increasing phps upload limit are here:

Docs: "HowTo increase PHPs Upload Limit"
https://www.jamroom.net/the-jamroom-network/documentation/howto/748/howto-increasing-phps-upload-limit

If they dont work, contact your hosting company for help getting them activated.
Cloud Media
Cloud Media
@cloud-media
6 years ago
53 posts
Thanks for your reply

i followed that document, but the thing is that its already showing new upload value (1GB) in "Max Upload Size" section, but the problem is that its not uploading files bigger than 128MB(previous value)

is this possible that somehow this value is stuck somewhere in application configuration, because i dont see any other reason behind it, i spoke to hosting support also (though i could myself increase the upload limit and knew they would say its a application specific problem which they obviously dont cover) and they said the same thing that its application specific issue.

i have tried clearing cache, is there anything else you can suggest? because i am sure its somewhere in configuration that's not taking new value, if it was uploading issue, the "quota config" page wouldnt show new value (1GB) there.

Please let me know if there is anything you can suggest that i can do in any of the configuration files.

Thanks
michael
@michael
6 years ago
7,692 posts
Send us your login info to support at jamroom dot net along with
* a link to this thread
* the location to login
* a profile where I can test it to see whats going on.

Thanks.
Cloud Media
Cloud Media
@cloud-media
6 years ago
53 posts
i have sent you the email, please check
michael
@michael
6 years ago
7,692 posts
I replied asking for a file bigger than 512MB, can you send me one to use for testing. Thanks.
Cloud Media
Cloud Media
@cloud-media
6 years ago
53 posts
could you download one from any of the video sites that host non commercial/documentary videos like videvo.net, videos.pexels.com, ihavenotv.com etc (here is a link https://ihavenotv.com/the-astronauts-destination-mars, this file is about 600 MB), and please note that even though i have increased it to 1 GB, but if i am able to upload anything between 500-600 MB, its enough for me).

Thanks
brian
@brian
6 years ago
10,136 posts
I test with a 1.4 Gig video file here and it works for me - but note that you really need to go 3 TIMES larger than the file. So in your case, a 600mb file needs roughly a 2048mb upload limit. After you make the changes in your php.ini file, you must restart your web server for the changes to take effect, then run an integrity check so JR sees the "new" settings, then reset caches so the new settings take effect.

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
michael
@michael
6 years ago
7,692 posts
your php.ini file does have 2048MB for all 3 of the necessary items:
post_max_size = 2048M
upload_max_filesize = 2048M
memory_limit = 2048M
and your SYSTEM CHECK tool shows that it has that limit working. (screenshot)

But its not working, there are no errors, and it fails almost instantly on files larger than 512M. It doesn't even try to upload them partially.

I've replicated your php.ini setup here on my local environment but can not reproduce the issue. For me it does work.

That suggest something about the server is the issue, but I do not know what sorry.
system_ok.jpg
system_ok.jpg  •  129KB

Tags