solved "DNS is pending" - what does this mean when I am setting up a new domain on my JR hosted server?

researchcooperative
@researchcooperative
5 years ago
694 posts
I recently bought a new domain name, and have edited the domain servers in settings for the new domain on the site of the domain registrar. I presume I should put my JR name server names there.

This did not immediately change anything back in the dashboard on my JR hosted account. The message "DNS is pending" is still showing.in my JR dashboard (DNS = Domain Name Server)

It would be nice if the JR system could automatically tell me what to do when the "DNS is pending".

(a) Should I just wait and do nothing?

(b) Should I put JR name server names (from where?) in the name server boxes located on the domain registration site? I chose the domain server names used for my existing JR hosted site. Is this OK?

(c) Should I do something about this in the settings in our JR hosted dashboard, somewhere?

--
PJ Matthews, Kyoto
Migrated from Ning 2.0. Now at Jamroom 6 beta and using Jamroom Hosting for The Research Cooperative (researchcooperative.org)

updated by @researchcooperative: 03/12/20 07:41:37PM
douglas
@douglas
5 years ago
2,767 posts
You'll want to just wait, it can take up to 24hours for a DNS change to take effect.

Hope this helps!

--

Douglas Hackney
Jamroom Team - Designer/Developer/Support
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos