Video stream in Safari

SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
6 years ago
2,583 posts
Hi

I'm not seeing any problems with the Jamroom jrVideo module, but I have an odd thing with playing jrVideo video on a custom module template.

I'm switching the source of a video element with urls constructed like this.
datasrc="https://mysite.com/video/stream/video_file/3/key=J0F2hpzP/file.m4v"

That works fine in Firefox and Safari and on iPad. But when logged in as admin and I set the profile to private it doesn't play in Safari or on iPad although it does still play in FF. Tried emptying caches but still the same.

Is it possible that streaming a file can act differently in Safari depending on profile privacy?

Thanks

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)

updated by @ultrajam: 04/15/18 09:10:56AM
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
6 years ago
2,583 posts
Console shows this error:
Quote: Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
yet when I cut and paste the link to the video it plays.

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
6 years ago
2,583 posts
I'm still seeing this after updating to the beta core and profile.

Any thoughts as to what might be going on here?

Thanks

--
brian
@brian
6 years ago
10,136 posts
SteveX:
I'm still seeing this after updating to the beta core and profile.

Any thoughts as to what might be going on here?

Thanks

I'm not sure - let me make sure I understand the issue correctly:

1) You have a video on a private profile
2) The video streams everywhere but Safari (logged in as admin)
3) pasting the video URL directly into Safari works

Does that sound right?

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
6 years ago
2,583 posts
Yes, that's just about right. Logged in as admin or as the profile owner. And it doesn't stream when using Firefox or Chrome on an iPad.

--
brian
@brian
6 years ago
10,136 posts
SteveX:
Yes, that's just about right. Logged in as admin or as the profile owner. And it doesn't stream when using Firefox or Chrome on an iPad.

Is it just the iPad it doesn't work on or do you also mean desktop Safari?

--
Brian Johnson
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
6 years ago
2,583 posts
Also desktop Safari.

--
brian
@brian
6 years ago
10,136 posts
OK weird - we'll see if we can replicate this.

--
Brian Johnson
michael
@michael
6 years ago
7,692 posts
I have a file here:
https://hostsaba.com/video/stream/video_file/1/key=1/file.m4v

Admin profile set to "Private - profile owner only". The video does not play in Safari (desktop)

* Firefox (logged in as admin) video plays
* Firefox (logged in as member) video does not play
* Firefox (logged out) video does not play

That is all what I was expecting to happen for a working system. Nothing seams out of order or needing to be fixed.

Am I not understanding something?
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
6 years ago
2,583 posts
Hi Michael, what I described above is this:

Firefox (logged in as admin) video plays, but Safari (logged in as admin) video does not play.

--
michael
@michael
6 years ago
7,692 posts
For me logged in in safari as admin the video direct url does play, but initially it shows a very small icon, wait for a while ten the video loads and begins playing.
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
6 years ago
2,583 posts
Yes, that must be it - the server responds with a 404 at that point.
Quote: Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

When I load the url directly Console shows an error but then continues to play:
Quote: Failed to load resource: Plug-in handled load

--

Tags