solved How to undo Update Changes?

derrickhand300
@derrickhand300
8 years ago
1,353 posts
Is there a way to undo the recent update changes to the tinymce editor without losing all the rest of the updates?
When i copy/paste from one page to another using the WYSIWYG side of the editor the output has several H1 tags that should not be present as well as extra paragraph tags- also the space or margin around the images changes and when an image is positioned "left" there is a huge margin on the left side of images that should not be there.
I have to use this function 5-6 times a day and since the update I am having to go into the code and spend considerable time fixing it on each of the 5-6 articles...wondering if I can somehow revert to the previous version of Tinymce without losing the other core updates?
Thanks
Note- I have not installed the System Core update that came out yesterday- I am referring to the update that was installed previous to yesterdays
updated by @derrickhand300: 12/22/16 11:55:59AM
derrickhand300
@derrickhand300
8 years ago
1,353 posts
The update causing the problems seems to be in version 5.4.0b1
If anyone would like to see it via teamviewer I would be happy to show
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
8 years ago
2,583 posts
You should be able to revert to a previous module version in Marketplace > Tools

Look for the Release Archive button - "Previous version of modules and skins that can be restored"

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)
brian
@brian
8 years ago
10,136 posts
It sounds like you are making modifications to the modules/jrCore/templates/editor.tpl directly - you do NOT want to do that - if you modify that file directly, it will be overwritten every time you update to a new version of the core.

Instead, you need to make a COPY of that file in your active (cloned) skin directory - i.e.

skins/YourCustomSkin/jrCore_editor.tpl

Makes your modifications to THAT file and it will be used in place of the one that comes with the Core.

You can also make your modifications from the ACP -> Core -> Templates section - any changes made there are NOT overwritten when a new core module comes out.

See the "Never customize templates in the module or skin directories!" section of this guide:

https://www.jamroom.net/the-jamroom-network/documentation/problems/1527/i-just-upgraded-and-lost-my-changes

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
michael
@michael
8 years ago
7,692 posts
For the padding around the images, click on the image, then click on the left align, center align, right align buttons to add/remove padding alignment.
derrickhand300
@derrickhand300
8 years ago
1,353 posts
SteveX:
You should be able to revert to a previous module version in Marketplace > Tools
Look for the Release Archive button - "Previous version of modules and skins that can be restored"

Thanks Steve- I understand that but the update seems to be in the System Core module where the tinymce is located only thing I can think of is rolling back the entire core...I will try to find some screen video capture software i can download and make a video showing the behavior
Thanks Guys
derrickhand300
@derrickhand300
8 years ago
1,353 posts
brian:
It sounds like you are making modifications to the modules/jrCore/templates/editor.tpl directly - you do NOT want to do that - if you modify that file directly, it will be overwritten every time you update to a new version of the core.
Instead, you need to make a COPY of that file in your active (cloned) skin directory - i.e.
skins/YourCustomSkin/jrCore_editor.tpl
Makes your modifications to THAT file and it will be used in place of the one that comes with the Core.
You can also make your modifications from the ACP -> Core -> Templates section - any changes made there are NOT overwritten when a new core module comes out.
See the "Never customize templates in the module or skin directories!" section of this guide:https://www.jamroom.net/the-jamroom-network/documentation/problems/1527/i-just-upgraded-and-lost-my-changes

Thanks Brian but my templates that I modify are all saved to the skin and uploaded by FTP
brian
@brian
8 years ago
10,136 posts
Quote:
Thanks Brian but my templates that I modify are all saved to the skin and uploaded by FTP

So you are already doing it by creating a file called "jrCore_editor.tpl" and uploading it to your CUSTOM skin? If you are doing that already then there is no way an update will ever overwrite your custom editor.tpl file.

--
Brian Johnson
derrickhand300
@derrickhand300
8 years ago
1,353 posts
Exactly my thoughts
So I am not understanding why I have a different editor in Aparna module than i do in the default module widgets...
I am certain the code for the templates is not getting over-ridden but the updates to System Core ( which include tinymce plugins-*not templates) do get removed. Thats expected and I understand that and solved it by adding each plug in thats removed, back to tinymce after updates.
I need to take some time and compare the template codes I have saved in the skins to insure they are the same...wanting to do this but covered up in other stuff last few days so i hope to get to it soon
I appreciate your help- thanks man!
brian
@brian
8 years ago
10,136 posts
derrickhand300:
Thats expected and I understand that and solved it by adding each plug in thats removed, back to tinymce after updates.

This means you're not doing it right - you should not have to touch a thing after upgrading. My post above outlines the correct way to do it - if you set it up that way you'll never have to worry about it again.

--
Brian Johnson
derrickhand300
@derrickhand300
8 years ago
1,353 posts
Yes as usual you are right :)
I "had" 2 templates saved to the skin in this manner
jrSiteBuilder_form_editor.tpl
and I believe the other is named
jrCore_form_editor.tpl

Been working fine for 6 months or so until recently
So I just went in and doubled checked what you said above and somehow/somewhere over the last month I have erased the jrSiteBuilder_form_editor.tpl in the skin folder...not sure when or how-actually just discovered it when making a screenshot video just now to share with you ( there was an embarrassing PAUSE in the video when i could not find the template in the skin :)... do i just need to copy the PLUG INS part of the code from jrCore to jrSitebuilder to have them the same or do you think there my be additional code to alter?
Here is the plugins code I have in jrCore_form_editor.tpl
 plugins: "jsplus_maps,spellchecker,contextmenu,pagebreak,{if $jrsmiley}jrsmiley,{/if}{if $jrembed}jrembed,media{/if},image,autoresize,{if $table}table,{/if}link,code,fullscreen,textcolor,colorpicker,preview{if $hr},hr{/if}",
    toolbar1: "formatselect | fontselect fontsizeselect forecolor {if $strong} bold{/if}{if $em} italic{/if}{if $span} underline{/if} | {if $span || $div} alignleft{/if}{if $span || $div} aligncenter{/if}{if $span || $div} alignright{/if}{if $span || $div} alignjustify |{/if}{if $ul && $li} bullist numlist |{/if}{if $div} outdent indent |{/if} undo redo | link unlink anchor pagebreak{if $table} table{/if}{if $hr} hr{/if} | code preview fullscreen{if $jrembed || $jrsmiley} |{/if}{if $jrembed} jrembed{/if}{if $jrsmiley} jrsmiley{/if},spellchecker,jsplus_maps",
    contextmenu: "link image | cut copy paste",
spellchecker_rpc_url: "{$jamroom_url}/modules/jrCore/contrib/tinymce/plugins/spellchecker/spellchecker.php"
});

And here is the plugins code from the bottom of the jrSiteBuilder_form_editor.tpl
 plugins: "imagetools,pagebreak,{if $jrsmiley}jrsmiley,{/if}{if $jrembed}jrembed,media{/if},image,autoresize,{if $table}table,{/if}link,code,fullscreen,textcolor,colorpicker,preview{if $hr},hr{/if},tabindex,paste,anchor",
        toolbar1: "formatselect | fontselect fontsizeselect forecolor {if $strong} bold{/if}{if $em} italic{/if}{if $span} underline{/if} removeformat | {if $span || $div} alignleft{/if}{if $span || $div} aligncenter{/if}{if $span || $div} alignright{/if}{if $span || $div} alignjustify |{/if}{if $ul && $li} bullist numlist |{/if}{if $div} outdent indent |{/if} undo redo | link unlink anchor pagebreak{if $table} table{/if}{if $hr} hr{/if} | code preview fullscreen{if $jrembed || $jrsmiley} |{/if}{if $jrembed} jrembed{/if}{if $jrsmiley} jrsmiley{/if}"
    };
</script>
If you notice the script tag at the end in that last code it seems lime jrSitebuilder is using js and jrCore is not...
So now i guess my remain question is can I just copy the plugins part of the code from the jrCore template to the jrSiteBuilder template then both editors will be the same?
Sorry this is so lengthy and thanks again
derrickhand300
@derrickhand300
8 years ago
1,353 posts
Update- apparently it does not work that way because I just tried replacing the plugins part and now all i have is a very basic tinymce editor in the default widgets...
not sure how to get the same editor in sitebuilder widgets as i have in jrcore....will figure it out sooner or later likely by getting the code from a previous release and using it THEN SAVING to the skin...hey as reward for your patience and help I will still upload the video so you can enjoy the "uncomfortable silence" when i discovered you were right again :)

NOTE: I went back and got the code from sitebuilder form editor out of a previous folder 2 updates back and everything working fine now ( AND I SAVED IT TO THE SKIN)
Its not that important but in the video im uploading you can see the new updated tinymce editor with the new plug ins is adding H1 tags and paragraph breaks when copying/pasting that were not happening before the latest update.

No doubt its a tinymce issue and not a JR issue but wanted to report it to you
updated by @derrickhand300: 07/29/16 11:21:10AM
brian
@brian
8 years ago
10,136 posts
I just thought of something - you're not just customizing the template, you also have some extra TinyMCE plugins you have to upload right?

--
Brian Johnson
derrickhand300
@derrickhand300
8 years ago
1,353 posts
YES- thats what I have been trying to explain-Its not only the saving of the templates-updates to the tinymce editr ERASE my plugin folders...you explained to me awhile back that i needed to use aparna to make those into custom modules to stop them from being effected...but its easier for me to just add them back to the tinymce plugins folder after each update..:)
brian
@brian
8 years ago
10,136 posts
derrickhand300:
YES- thats what I have been trying to explain-Its not only the saving of the templates-updates to the tinymce editr ERASE my plugin folders...you explained to me awhile back that i needed to use aparna to make those into custom modules to stop them from being effected...but its easier for me to just add them back to the tinymce plugins folder after each update..:)

That's the correct way though - here's how you want to set it up for EACH plugin:

1) Create acloned aparna module (sounds like you already did this)
2) inside the modules/ClonedModule directory create a directory called "tinymce"
3) upload the custom tinymce plugin to that directory so the plugin.min.js file is located at modules/CustomModule/tinymce/plugin.min.js (this is why you can only have one tinymce plugin per module).
4) repeat steps 1 -> 3 for each tiny mce plugin you have

5) Next, create the tinymce editor override files:

skins/CustomSkin/jrCore_form_editor.tpl
skins/CustomSkin/jrSiteBuilder_form_editor.tpl

Modify those 2 editor templates to include your custom plugins.

That should do it - going forward upgrades should not affect your editor setup.

--
Brian Johnson
derrickhand300
@derrickhand300
8 years ago
1,353 posts
Thank you!

Tags