Stream Pay - To Stream or Not to Stream?

PatriaCo
PatriaCo
@the-patria-company
8 years ago
349 posts
How does an artist choose whether or not they want their media to be full-length streamed?

For example, directly after an album release the artist would typically only want a sample available to encourage new album sales, but later would want to make those items available for full streaming.

Currently, I can only see an option for "Audio Sample Length" - but I do not see a selection like, "Allow Profile Owner to Choose". I seem to remember this from earlier JR versions. This would also be very helpful in getting our site radio back up and running, like we had on our older version JR sites. I miss the radio/video stations.

THANKS!! :)

--
The Patria Company - patriaco.com / quality-trades.com / a-t.life - doing Jamroom since v3

updated by @the-patria-company: 03/26/17 11:18:43PM
brian
@brian
8 years ago
10,136 posts
PatriaCo:
How does an artist choose whether or not they want their media to be full-length streamed?

By setting a price on the item - no price = full length, price = preview length.

PatriaCo:
I miss the radio/video stations.

These are "Playlists" in Jamroom 5+ and basically work the same. Create a new playlist and call it "radio station".

Let me know if that helps.

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net

updated by @brian: 12/25/16 08:33:36AM
PatriaCo
PatriaCo
@the-patria-company
8 years ago
349 posts
So just to clarify. If an artist would like to stream and sell. They should upload two separate uploads of the same song or video. One at no price (download blocked) which will stream at full-length. Then a second upload that is available for sale, which will only stream a preview.

Am I understanding better how the system is set up to work?

--
The Patria Company - patriaco.com / quality-trades.com / a-t.life - doing Jamroom since v3
brian
@brian
8 years ago
10,136 posts
Jamroom tries to protect the user's media from being downloaded without payment IF there is a price on the item, thus it only streams a PREVIEW. If you set it up like you have outlined, then users can simply "save" the stream and bypass paying for the item. If you're OK with that then you'd need to create a custom form field to handle the extra upload.

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net

updated by @brian: 12/25/16 09:30:14AM

Tags