solved Sound Cloud?

Isleander
Isleander
@isleander
3 years ago
545 posts
Is the Soundcloud module still available? I see that it is no longer in the module list.
I realise that Soundcloud is no longer providing APIs for their platform, but I already have APIs for this.

Thank you for your help.
updated by @isleander: 07/16/21 09:22:25PM
michael
@michael
3 years ago
7,692 posts
I've turned it back on in the marketplace. Let me know when you've got it installed and I'll turn it off again.

Its useless without an api key that now cant be gotten.
Isleander
Isleander
@isleander
3 years ago
545 posts
michael:
I've turned it back on in the marketplace. Let me know when you've got it installed and I'll turn it off again.
Its useless without an api key that now cant be gotten.

Thank you Michael , I have now installed it.
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
3 years ago
3,602 posts
Just curious since I don't keep up on these things- any idea of what people will be using on a music site instead of Soundcloud, in the future? (not wanting to have my members always uploading all their audio files directly to my site either)
Like the audio clip version of Vimeo or Youtube...

--
...just another satisfied Jamroom customer.
Migrated from Ning to Jamroom June 2015
michael
@michael
3 years ago
7,692 posts
The problem as I understand it with SoundCloud is their concept, it was something like: We'll get a bunch of investors to put in some money so we can pay developers to build the platform, then we will get musicians to upload their music and the people who listen to the music will pay and we'll share that with the artists.

The issue: The amount of money coming in is not enough to keep the artists happy let alone enough to make the share holders happy so they've given up trying now that they've realized the balance is not there.

Maybe in future someone will try the same thing again but the precedent is pretty much established for the sale of music, its hard to convince people they should be paying more.

We all understand that one artist uploads one song to one of our servers and we have to pay every month just to keep it there but to the internet surfer "It should be free".

Maybe Spotify possibly? It seems to have a following, not sure if it also has a sustainable business model.
Isleander
Isleander
@isleander
3 years ago
545 posts
Michael, could you turn the SoundCloud module back on again... I also need to install it on my other site.

Thank you!
michael
@michael
3 years ago
7,692 posts
its back on now. Let me know when your done, i'll turn it off again.

--edit--
another way to do it would be to use SFTP and download the module from your site that has it and upload it to the site that wants it.
updated by @michael: 04/12/21 10:10:59PM
Isleander
Isleander
@isleander
3 years ago
545 posts
OK, done. Thank you Michael!
Thanks for the tip!
By the way, if you where thinking of developing a Spotify module that would be amazing!
Most modern audio equipment is Spotify enabled, and is available with Google Home and Chrome Cast (Smart TVs) devices, as well as Amazon Echo devices, Roberts Radios, etc.
Spotify is huge and a market leader in streaming music and audio (pod casts, radio). It's everywhere now!