M3U parsing?

RickStaRr
RickStaRr
@trickyricky
3 years ago
53 posts
Greetings πŸ––πŸ½ Is it possible for me to setup my JR to parse playlist M3U files like in previous versions of JR? Or if I missed the memo 😬 please point me to the nearest corner πŸ₯³ Thank you
updated by @trickyricky: 10/26/21 10:24:01PM
michael
@michael
3 years ago
7,692 posts
There is a playlist module in jamroom, its called "Playlists"
https://www.jamroom.net/the-jamroom-network/networkmarket/56/playlists

The way it works is when someone is logged in to jamroom and they are browsing your site and they locate a song they like, they click ADD TO PLAYLIST button then create a new playlist or add it to an existing one. Then those playlists will show on their profile.

Its not an M3U playlist. Im not sure how an M3U playlist would work within jamroom now since files are not uploaded via FTP anymore.

How are you hoping an M3U playlist would work?
RickStaRr
RickStaRr
@trickyricky
3 years ago
53 posts
I’m experimenting with building an IPTV Network work and the way things are set up inside my app, content is linked to menu/guide via m3u file. I’m hoping to someday bridge the app with my JR so I can manage a system that is completely inside the cloud
michael
@michael
3 years ago
7,692 posts
ah, gotcha. Yeah that will take some experimenting.

One issue you'll have is that the .m3u file and all the files it points to are probably all in the same directory, something like
list.m3u
file1.mp3
file2.mp3
file3.mp3

but those files are not inside jamroom, so I think you'd need to build a way to import them into jamroom and during that import system you could use the values in the .m3u file to build some jamroom playlists.

You might also consider making a module that takes a jamroom existing playlist and exports it to .m3u.

Just ideas.
RickStaRr
RickStaRr
@trickyricky
3 years ago
53 posts
Funny you say that because I was thinking the same thing in regards to the module part. I believe JR media management structure is an awesome candidate for this project. I don’t think it would be too complex. #ToTheDocumentation πŸ˜†

Tags