solved Home page vs Landing Page

researchcooperative
@researchcooperative
2 years ago
694 posts
When visitors reach my network with the main site URL (sitename/) the automatically land on the Site builder "Home page".

I would like the main URL to instead redirect to a specific page URL (sitename/all-services).

If visitors land at "all services", they can still access the technical home page in the main menu at top left.

Is this a change that can only be implemented on the server of the domain name host?

Is it accepted practice have a home page and a landing page that are different?

--
PJ Matthews, Kyoto
Migrated from Ning 2.0. Now at Jamroom 6 beta and using Jamroom Hosting for The Research Cooperative (researchcooperative.org)

updated by @researchcooperative: 12/17/22 12:54:37AM
michael
@michael
2 years ago
7,692 posts
You can redirect from:
site.com/
to
site.com/all-services

but if you do that you can not ever visit
site.com/
again. Going there will redirect to
site.com/all-services

- "is it accepted practice?"
A: It makes me wonder why you dont just put the content from "All Services" on the top level. What is gained by putting it at /all-services

--edit--
If the reason you want to use that URL is to change the page title you can do that from SITE BUILDER -> PAGE CONFIG -> PAGE SETTINGS -> PAGE TITLE
title.png
title.png  •  129KB

updated by @michael: 09/15/22 07:23:30PM
researchcooperative
@researchcooperative
2 years ago
694 posts
Thanks for providing clues for the clueless!

Using Site Builder and the >>>Page Settings, I could change the home page URL to sitename/home and the All Services URL to sitename/

Now the main function of the network is first and foremost on the landing page, and "Home" is still there to give visitors a comfortable starting point and overall introduction.

Now it will be interesting to see if this has any positive effect.... (currently the search terms for the two words in my site name place us at the top of 1,150,000,000 results in G*gle search, so I have some hope we can be seen).

--
PJ Matthews, Kyoto
Migrated from Ning 2.0. Now at Jamroom 6 beta and using Jamroom Hosting for The Research Cooperative (researchcooperative.org)