solved Getting Profile Information via proxima

serveion
@serveion
8 years ago
223 posts
Hello

I have read something about profile been disable on Proxima.

we would like to get some information

profile id
profile bio
Profile Image
Profile Active

if this is disable how can we enable this, or do we need to to create a separate module for us to get this information?

thank you in advanced
updated by @serveion: 08/10/16 11:38:28PM
michael
@michael
8 years ago
7,697 posts
Proxima is not an API for you're jamroom site, its a mobile site backend capable of supporting multiple apps from a single installation.

So you could have multiple apps feeding info to a proxima server and all of those profiles remain unique to the app that created them.

So you will only be able to get information back via proxima that was created via proxima. (because the app's ID '_app_id' will be stored along with the info.)

Profiles created via the web interface will not have an associated _app_id for anything because they were not created via an app, so will not be retrievable via proxima.
brian
@brian
8 years ago
10,144 posts
michael:
Proxima is not an API for you're jamroom site, its a mobile site backend capable of supporting multiple apps from a single installation.
So you could have multiple apps feeding info to a proxima server and all of those profiles remain unique to the app that created them.
So you will only be able to get information back via proxima that was created via proxima. (because the app's ID '_app_id' will be stored along with the info.)
Profiles created via the web interface will not have an associated _app_id for anything because they were not created via an app, so will not be retrievable via proxima.

This was the case (mostly) with Proxima 1.0, but with Proxima 2.0 things have changed:

1) You can use the Proxima Bridge module to get data from any Jamroom DataStore backed module

2) If you enable the "Single Sign On" option in the Proxima Users module, then your user accounts will be available across all your Proxima apps.

Right now the Proxima User module does NOT include profile information from the JR side, but could do so pretty easily. I'll add that as a TODO on this end and make it an option you can enable in the Proxima User module.

Hope this helps!

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
serveion
@serveion
8 years ago
223 posts
@brian
Sorry took me a while to reply,
Yes i have the option enable, so far everything is working good for us, until we hit a wall with profile,

Thank you for your reply
brian
@brian
8 years ago
10,144 posts
serveion:

@brian
Sorry took me a while to reply,
Yes i have the option enable, so far everything is working good for us, until we hit a wall with profile,
Thank you for your reply

Sorry this has taken a little bit - I'm hoping to get to this in the next couple days - I've had a really large backlog here of updates I've been working through (a ton got released today) - I have a few more for tomorrow, and then I should be able to get start getting caught up on some that have been in my TODO queue.

Thanks!

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
serveion
@serveion
8 years ago
223 posts
thank you...

everything is working beautiful.
brian