Is there a way for users to re-order their menu tabs on profile page?

iLoveHouseMusic
iLoveHouseMusic
@ilovehousemusic
10 years ago
517 posts
Or for master_admin to reorder the menu tabs?

What I'm doing is, i've renamed the File Downloads module to be the "PressKit".
For artists, I want to put the PressKit menu tab to the far right.

If not, this would be a cool feature for Profile Tweaks I'd say....

Just a thought.
updated by @ilovehousemusic: 03/27/14 08:11:28AM
brian
@brian
10 years ago
10,136 posts
Yeah - you can set an explicit order on the jrProfile_menu function - i.e.

{jrProfile_menu template="profile_menu.tpl" order="jrAudio,jrBlog,jrDocs,...." }

If you want to have the order be different for different quotes, just use an if/else statement and multiple jrProfile_menu calls.

Hope this helps!

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
brian
@brian
10 years ago
10,136 posts
I should add, I agree it would be a cool addition to profile tweaks, so I'll check that out.

Thanks!

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
iLoveHouseMusic
iLoveHouseMusic
@ilovehousemusic
10 years ago
517 posts
brian:
Yeah - you can set an explicit order on the jrProfile_menu function - i.e.

{jrProfile_menu template="profile_menu.tpl" order="jrAudio,jrBlog,jrDocs,...." }

If you want to have the order be different for different quotes, just use an if/else statement and multiple jrProfile_menu calls.

Hope this helps!

RADICAL! Thanks!
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
You can do a lot with jrProfile_menu, at the moment you can check out the function in jrProfile/include.php to see the other parameters.

One thing worth noting if you are trying to get a custom module to appear is that an item_index.tpl is required in that module, otherwise it won't appear. The function also checks the requirements for the module (in it's init function) and it won't appear if the requirements are not met. And a module won't appear if the profile has no items created yet (but the owner always sees it).

"modules", "exclude_modules", "always_show", "owner_only", "require_login", "order", "targets"

I haven't figured out targets, but it looks like you provide an alternate url for the module.

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)
iLoveHouseMusic
iLoveHouseMusic
@ilovehousemusic
10 years ago
517 posts
brian:
I should add, I agree it would be a cool addition to profile tweaks, so I'll check that out.

Thanks!

I'd like to request this feature for voting. Otherwise, you can close this thread, thanks!
Developer Networks
Developer Networks
@developer-networks
10 years ago
566 posts
SteveX:
You can do a lot with jrProfile_menu, at the moment you can check out the function in jrProfile/include.php to see the other parameters.

One thing worth noting if you are trying to get a custom module to appear is that an item_index.tpl is required in that module, otherwise it won't appear. The function also checks the requirements for the module (in it's init function) and it won't appear if the requirements are not met. And a module won't appear if the profile has no items created yet (but the owner always sees it).

"modules", "exclude_modules", "always_show", "owner_only", "require_login", "order", "targets"

I haven't figured out targets, but it looks like you provide an alternate url for the module.

I was actually looking for documentation on this subject the other day.

Tags