SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
7 years ago
2,583 posts
Logged in as Master admin, I go to my Account page
/user/account

I have 6 linked profiles, all checked.

I uncheck one of the linked profiles to unlink it, then click Save Changes.

I get a notice
Quote: you forgot to enter your password and at least 1 character(s) long

If I then refresh the page, or navigate somewhere else and then return, all of my linked profiles are unchecked. They remain unchecked until I Reset Form Session Cache.

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)

updated by @ultrajam: 12/16/17 08:09:10PM
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
7 years ago
2,583 posts
My guess is that I shouldn't have to enter my password 3 times: the password in the form; repeat password in the form; then get redirected to a page to enter my password once again.

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)
brian
@brian
7 years ago
10,136 posts
SteveX:
My guess is that I shouldn't have to enter my password 3 times: the password in the form; repeat password in the form; then get redirected to a page to enter my password once again.

This is correct if you have the ACP -> Users -> Users -> Global Config "Re-Authenticate" option checked. This is a security feature:

- on the user settings page you will enter the NEW password twice to ensure you entered it correctly
- on the next page you will have to enter your EXISTING password in order to make the change

Also - go into the Form Designer and make sure both "password" and "repeat password" have not been changed to REQUIRED - otherwise you're forcing your users to change their password every time they want to update their user settings.

I will check on the linked profile check boxes.

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
7 years ago
2,583 posts
Hi Brian

Password and repeat password are not set to required, yet I can't save the Account form without entering a password.

--
brian
@brian
7 years ago
10,136 posts
SteveX:
Hi Brian

Password and repeat password are not set to required, yet I can't save the Account form without entering a password.

Weird - that doesn't make sense. I've just done it here and don't see any issues. Let me make sure I understand the issue:

- is it that it is asking you to enter a NEW password on the account settings form? I.e. it is highlighting the password field
- is it that you save your changes and then are taken to a page to enter your password?

Thanks!

--
Brian Johnson
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
7 years ago
2,583 posts
I can't submit the form at all without entering Password and Repeat Password, I just get the warning you forgot to enter your password and at least 1 character(s) long

That's not only with the linked profiles, it happens if I just check Show Tips and then save changes.

--
brian
@brian
7 years ago
10,136 posts
Hmm.. so somehow the password fields have become required, even though the form designer shows them NOT being required. Try going to reset caches and reset the form sessions just incase your session has got messed up somehow. I'm not sure what it would be.

--
Brian Johnson
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
7 years ago
2,583 posts
Resetting caches and form sessions doesn't fix it. I will try it on another site later.

--
brian
@brian
7 years ago
10,136 posts
SteveX:
Resetting caches and form sessions doesn't fix it. I will try it on another site later.

Let me know if you see it on another site - if you do, and I can get access to it, I can check it out.

Thanks!

--
Brian Johnson
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
7 years ago
2,583 posts
That's so strange, I tried it again this morning and it is now working perfectly. No changes since yesterday, perhaps there was something stuck in the cache, or possibly the browser?

Sorry for the false alarm!

--
brian
@brian
7 years ago
10,136 posts
Thanks for the update and no problem - let me know if you see it again and think it's a script issue.

Thanks!

--
Brian Johnson

Tags