Can I increase cpu cores in Jamroom?

RickStaRr
RickStaRr
@trickyricky
5 years ago
53 posts
I recently managed to increase my upload size to 8GB. As a result, it increased my server memory usage. Which leaves me to this, is there a way that I can go into my Jamroom settings to increase my cpu core usage. By default, Jamroom cpu core usage is 1 core with memory usage up to webmaster.

I figured this much, if I can increase my cpu usage in my jr, it will in part reduce my memory usage because more processing power will be available. My next concern: by me dedicating more power to my jr, will it rob my vps of processing power? Right now, I’m using WHM, cPanel, Jamroom, cron job, Shoutcast and CentovaCast on my server. As I look at my server status, my server load is pretty stable. What are y’all thoughts. Thanks

My VPS:
CentOS 7
Intel Xeon (2 cores)
4GB ram
100GB SSD
updated by @trickyricky: 10/05/19 01:36:50PM
michael
@michael
5 years ago
7,692 posts
cores are the amount of physical devices that your computer has, they can not be altered by software.

You will need to change to a different server to get more cores
RickStaRr
RickStaRr
@trickyricky
5 years ago
53 posts
Hi Micheal, thanks for replying. Actually my server is fine as is. I was trying to figure out if I could change my jr resource limit like I can with ram upload limits. My server status confirms 2 cores, Jamroom only sees one core
michael
@michael
5 years ago
7,692 posts
yeah, there is nothing to change in jamroom that will change those numbers, they are directly reported from what the server sends back to jamroom.

If you have SSH access to your server, this is the command used to get the processor count:
cat /proc/cpuinfo |grep -c processor

Tags