Any Changes To Site Comments?

Dazed
Dazed
@dazed
4 years ago
1,022 posts
I had some code for site comments (jrComment) that appears to have been crushed due to a recent update. It is no longer diplaying on my site. Was there any changes in this module? Actually looking at url/site_comments I see comments so it appears to be something else that changed.

I just saw this in the logs....

[error] => Query Error: Unknown column 'a._profile_id' in 'order clause'

{jrCore_list module="jrComment" order_by="_item_id NUMERICAL_DESC" limit="10" template="side_comments.tpl" assign="SIDE_COMMENTS"}

side_comments.tpl
{if isset($_items)}
    <div class="title">{jrCore_lang skin=$_conf.jrCore_active_skin id="78" default="Latest"} {jrCore_lang skin=$_conf.jrCore_active_skin id="77" default="Comments"}</div>
    <div class="body_3 mb20">
        <div style="height:450px;overflow:auto;">
            {foreach from=$_items item="item"}
                <div class="block">
                    <div style="display:table">
                        <div style="display:table-row;">
                            <div style="display:table-cell;width:1%;text-align:center;vertical-align:top;">
                                <a href="{$jamroom_url}/{$item.profile_url}">{jrCore_module_function function="jrImage_display" module="jrUser" type="user_image" item_id=$item._user_id size="xxsmall" crop="auto" alt=$item.user_name class="action_item_user_img iloutline"}</a>
                            </div>
                            <div style="display:table-cell;text-align:left;vertical-align:top;padding-left:5px;">
                                <div class="normal">
                                    <a href="{$item.comment_url}">Re: {$item.comment_item_title|truncate:20:"...":false}</a><br>
                                    {$item._created|jrCore_date_format}<br>
                                    <span class="highlight-txt"><i>{jrCore_lang skin=$_conf.jrCore_active_skin id="112" default="By"}:</i></span> <a href="{$jamroom_url}/{$item.profile_url}"><span class="capital">{$item.profile_name|truncate:20:"...":false}</span></a><br>
                                    <br>
                                    {$item.comment_text|truncate:200:"...":false|jrCore_format_string:$item.profile_quota_id}
                                </div>
                            </div>
                        </div>
                    </div>
                    <hr>
                </div>
            {/foreach}
        </div>
    </div>
{/if}

updated by @dazed: 07/29/20 07:36:10AM
brian
@brian
4 years ago
10,136 posts
If by "crushed" you mean new lines were stripped out, and you're running Core 6.5.0b24 try RELOADING the core from the marketplace - there was a bug in the strip HTML function that was removing extra newlines that it should not have.

Let me know if that works.

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
Dazed
Dazed
@dazed
4 years ago
1,022 posts
Hey Brian - No I ran updates and the site comments are no longer displayed after the last update. I had an error in the debug log for:

[error] => Query Error: Unknown column 'a._profile_id' in 'order clause'

I deleted the log and nothing is displaying in logs just yet so this may not have been the cause.
brian
@brian
4 years ago
10,136 posts
OK yeah comments not showing would be something else. that SQL query error is weird. If you clear your debug log are you seeing it come back?

--
Brian Johnson
Dazed
Dazed
@dazed
4 years ago
1,022 posts
No on logs.

Running an integrity check again after updating to the newer core.
brian
@brian
4 years ago
10,136 posts
Dazed:
No on logs.

Running an integrity check again after updating to the newer core.

OK if you still see an issue open a ticket and I can check it out on your site.

--
Brian Johnson
Dazed
Dazed
@dazed
4 years ago
1,022 posts
opening ticket - debug error is back hehe