solved JrCore Router using too much CPU power

RickStaRr
RickStaRr
@trickyricky
3 years ago
53 posts
Hello Guys,

Without publicly giving away too much info about our file names, location, etc. I will refer to them by their respective names. I also have screenshots. In respect of jr internals, I will only privately share the screenshot in a DM with a member of the jr team (if allowed)

*** My issue: My jr core router (wink) seems to be using too much cpu power and it often cause my jr to run slower than the previous version. examples of issues includes: high cpu usage (on router), high server load, long page loads (throughout my jr) & sometimes I get page can't be loaded error. I'll hit refresh & my site loads in 3-5 secs. On average it takes my site 20-30+ secs to load. I don't get it because I am running on a VPS with 1gbps network, 8 core Xeon, 6gb ram 150gb ssd. Granted, I have also been running a Shoutcast server & centovacast panel all in the same environment with my jr since 2016. I have cpu limits in place for those apps. All has been fine with my system until about last month (July 2021), when I ran my last round of system updates. Other than that, I have made no other changes on my server & i was wondering if this is a bug? or is their something that I can do to improve the performance of my jr? If interested in seeing the screenshot, please let me know and I will happily send it to you via dm. thanks

Rick
updated by @trickyricky: 11/14/21 05:34:37PM
michael
@michael
3 years ago
7,692 posts
EVERYTHING goes through the router so its probably not the router itself thats the issue but the endpoint or something along the way.

Those load times do seem way too long for a well running system though.

Could be some stalled or continuiously looping processes that have hung possibly. A system reboot may clear those out.

Is caching turned on, it should be in a production system. Make sure its not running in "Developer Mode"
ACP -> MODULES -> DEVELOPER -> GLOBAL CONFIG -> Developer mode.

When a page loads on jamroom the router.php file will
* router.php -> load the page
* router.php -> load first image
* router.php -> load second image
* router.php -> load third image

so it gets called a lot. Need to figure out which process is the slow one.
RickStaRr
RickStaRr
@trickyricky
3 years ago
53 posts
Hello Michael, thanks for chiming in. I'm currently in the process of completing a reboot. heck, I haven't reboot in over a year lol. I did confirm that developer mode is turned off. For some odd reason the full page caching option was unchecked. I ticked the box, save settings and reset cache & integrity check. I did get a couple page loads pretty quick but but a couple of those page loads were 5-7sec. much better than before tho. perhaps things will settle down after i've given the system enough time to cache everything. 368 accts, etc.
michael
@michael
3 years ago
7,692 posts
If its still slow after that, send the URL of some of the slow pages to support at jamroom dot net along with a link to this thread and I'll go take a look at it, see if I can see anything obvious.
RickStaRr
RickStaRr
@trickyricky
3 years ago
53 posts
Sorry for the delay guys, I've been at it for the past few days. I've concluded that it was php7.4 causing my jr site to load slowly, In addition to Caching being turned off. After turning on Full page caching and ensuring Developer Mode was off, I tried php7.3 & 7.2. So far they had my jr rolling back to normal. I just wish that my hosting provider would give us an heads up before changing php versions.

So if your jr site is running slowly, make sure you're not using php7.4 because there are some resource hungry JS modules that will cause your site to load slowly. Thanks guys. this thread is now solved. cheers

Tags