Badges?

Isleander
Isleander
@isleander
3 years ago
545 posts
I've installed the Badges model, but no badges appear on any profiles, dispite having configured it.

????
updated by @isleander: 01/04/22 11:35:13PM
michael
@michael
3 years ago
7,689 posts
There are 3 badges modules, which one are you using?

If its "Profile Badges" it was created by a 3rd party developer "Developer Networks" who no longer supports it, so probably best to delete it.

There is another one by UltraJam who does still support their modules, its called "OpenBadges".
https://www.jamroom.net/ultrajam/networkmarket/296/openbadges

I haven't used either yet sorry.

Ultrajam has their own forum here:
https://www.jamroom.net/ultrajam/forum
badges.jpg
badges.jpg  •  1MB

updated by @michael: 10/02/21 12:53:02AM
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
3 years ago
3,602 posts
Isleander, I got that older module working from "Developer Networks" years ago. It still works on my site, but two things about it:
1) I had to make my own images for the badges- really they are simply little 'labels' that appear under a member's name ONLY on their profile page. Thus, they wouldn't show up anyway in the member page you screenshot.
2) it was a big pain in the butt to get it working in my skin. If i had to do it again I would not... too much trouble!
I imagine that you, like me, were hoping for a little badge that would show in the corner of a member's avatar, wherever they appear on the site. That's what Ning used to have and I think you came over from ning as well, right?
I have not looked into the ultrajam module, since i did get the older module to work well enough to just leave it in place.

(Michael, that jr 'openbadges' link is not working.)

--
...just another satisfied Jamroom customer.
Migrated from Ning to Jamroom June 2015
Isleander
Isleander
@isleander
3 years ago
545 posts
Strumelia:
Isleander, I got that older module working from "Developer Networks" years ago. It still works on my site, but two things about it....
Than you, that's helpful.