Mass Deleting of Accounts

alt=
@emdiamond
2 years ago
104 posts
Is there a quick way to delete all pending users at once?
And Also mass delete dead accounts?

Just trying to clean up site
updated by @emdiamond: 12/05/22 11:59:11AM
michael
@michael
2 years ago
7,692 posts
check the checkbox then click DELETE CHECKED USERS from DASHBOARD -> PENDING
pending.png
pending.png  •  295KB

alt=
@emdiamond
2 years ago
104 posts
Yea, there were 71000 of them. So far, doing it this way I got it down to 66000.

My main issue is my SQL database is over 10 gigs. My host provider isn't happy. I need to get it under 3 gigs.

The optimize won't work on tables larger than 600 meg

I just need to clear some of the dead stuff up. Any ideas on which tables I can clear without breaking things.

IE jr_jraction_item_key Browse Browse Structure Structure Search Search Insert Insert Empty Empty Drop Drop ~4,585,801 InnoDB utf8_unicode_ci 788.4 MiB

jr_jrblog_item_key Browse Browse Structure Structure Search Search Insert Insert Empty Empty Drop Drop ~1,655,530 InnoDB utf8_unicode_ci 642.1 MiB

jr_jrcomment_item_key Browse Browse Structure Structure Search Search Insert Insert Empty Empty Drop Drop ~2,617,490 InnoDB utf8_unicode_ci 1.1 GiB
alt=
@emdiamond
2 years ago
104 posts
pending.png pending.png • 295KB

This helped, Still have allot to clean up
alt=
@emdiamond
2 years ago
104 posts
I got it down to 6.1 gig. Still have allot of spam accounts.
Is the away to mass delete active accounts?
michael
@michael
2 years ago
7,692 posts
Not built in to the admin interface, but you can access the database directly via:
ACP -> MODULES -> DEVELOPER -> DEVELOPER TOOLS -> TOOLS -> DATABASE ADMIN

Where you can run SQL commands to delete big chunks at a time.

Very easy to destroy your system in this area though, so needs to be done carefully.
alt=
@emdiamond
2 years ago
104 posts
I have been able to decrease my DB size. Did not have to touch the tables. Did everything through the admin account profiles pages.

However, I think I deleted the admin account. I did this while deleting profiles.

I thought there was away to recreate it but I can't find the link.

I do have access to the DB and FTP access.

I looked at table jr_jruser-item_key table. But not in there.

There used to be a repair.php file. Can't remember if this is the file to reset it.

If not is there away to recreate the admin account and password?
alt=
@emdiamond
2 years ago
104 posts
I just found out that my hosting provider is currently moving my DB to another server. Hopefully this is the issue and it will start working.

If not, still would need away to recreate master admin account. I thought there was away to do this, At least years ago there was.
michael
@michael
2 years ago
7,692 posts
On jamroom hosting you can r
HOSTING -> (domain name) -> SETTINGS -> CHANGE ADMIN INFO

If you're not on jamroom hosting:
* Create a new user by signing up
* on your hosting server open up the database and locate the jr_jruser_item_key table and navigate to that user you've just created
* locate the user_group table. it will have a value of 'user', change it to 'master'.
* Now login with that user.
change.jpg
change.jpg  •  332KB

alt=
@emdiamond
2 years ago
104 posts
Michael, I did see the post from Paul. The problem is the site is in maintenance mode. So I can't login to create a new user without admin privilege's I have checked the table " jr_jruser_item_key ". Not seeing a number 1 profile.
michael
@michael
2 years ago
7,692 posts
you can disable maintanence mode in the jr_jrcore_setting table, change the jrCore 'maintanence_mode' value to 'off'
maintanence.jpg
maintanence.jpg  •  434KB

michael
@michael
2 years ago
7,692 posts
It should be there. Here's a screenshot
key.jpg
key.jpg  •  408KB

alt=
@emdiamond
2 years ago
104 posts
That worked. I can get in as the new admin and continue shrinking the site info.

Funny the original Admin account still shows in Jamroom. However, there is no info in the jr_jruser_item_key table.
michael
@michael
2 years ago
7,692 posts
The companion table to that one is the jr_jruser_item table that only has the _item_id keys of datastore items that exist, so if you delete _item_id 156 from jr_jruser_item_key then also delete it from jr_jruser_item too.

Its done this way to speed up searching on really large sites.
alt=
@emdiamond
2 years ago
104 posts
Ok down to the final clean up.
Blogs.

There are Blogs: 17296 of them. I can delete them from the table. And,
I can see them in the nova skin but there is no way to delete them there. It has the maintenance gear in the upper right corner but when clicked it just goes to the blogs page.

This will be the last thing to clean up.
updated by @emdiamond: 06/15/22 12:56:11PM
michael
@michael
2 years ago
7,692 posts
Deleting them from the table should also delete them from the skin. Maybe reset the caches and run the integrity check
ACP -> MODULES -> CORE -> SYSTEM CORE -> TOOLS -> RESET CACHES
ACP -> MODULES -> CORE -> SYSTEM CORE -> TOOLS -> INTEGRITY CHECK
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
2 years ago
3,602 posts
I too would love to have a quicker way to delete dead accounts.
When i go to:
https://fotmd.com/user/browser/order_by=user_last_login/order_dir=asc/p=3
for example, having sorted members by their date of last log in, I can click the Delete button and choose to delete both their profile and user accounts. This also removes all their content.
However, it would be SO much quicker to have a checkbox there as well to shift-Select multiple users at once and delete them (both profile and user acct).
It's incredibly tedious to have to delete one user at a time when there are hundreds of dead users to remove every few years.
Is there no way to be able to sort and view members by last login date AND select them multiples at a time to delete them and all their content/accts? Not feasible to add checkboxes to that User browser that can be multi-selected?

--
...just another satisfied Jamroom customer.
Migrated from Ning to Jamroom June 2015
michael
@michael
2 years ago
7,692 posts
In testing now. will be accessible from the USERS section of the data browser.
dis.png
dis.png  •  114KB

abled.png
abled.png  •  100KB

confirm.png
confirm.png  •  87KB

updated by @michael: 09/06/22 12:47:58AM
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
2 years ago
3,602 posts
Oh wow I really look forward to this added ability Michael. 🏼

--
...just another satisfied Jamroom customer.
Migrated from Ning to Jamroom June 2015

Tags