What are the future plans for Jamroom ?

SK1
SK1
@sk1
2 years ago
44 posts
Just general question:
What are the future plans for Jamroom ? ( Just trying to find out so I can make future business plans/decisions)

Any Jamroom Roadmap for
- new tools/products ?
- new platforms ?
- migration to other new technologies?
Or this is pretty much the end ?
updated by @sk1: 08/31/22 08:36:53PM
douglas
@douglas
2 years ago
2,767 posts
I'm sure Brian will correct me if I'm wrong here, but I do believe Jamroom 7 is in progress at this time.

Not much to release about it at this point though.

Hope this helps!

--

Douglas Hackney
Jamroom Team - Designer/Developer/Support
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
brian
@brian
2 years ago
10,136 posts
Yep - JR development is still ongoing - we've never stopped :)

Note that the bulk of our development time has moved to custom development for our largest Jamroom users - lots of custom module and skin work is happening there all the time. Some of it ends up with new modules and features that get released to everyone, but a lot of the work is proprietary and can't be released in the marketplace.

I've been working on the new Jamroom Core 7.0 for a bit here - we're dropping < PHP 7.1 support so right now it's about updating the code to take advantage of new PHP features and make sure everything works on PHP 8.1+

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
joehilldottv
@joehilldottv
2 years ago
5 posts
I have worked with Jamroom since 2005. One production site is a Jamroom 4. But my main Jamroom-site is the latest version. I am 71 years old and still enjoyed it. When I was employee I was systemprogrammer on Postal service in Sweden. IBM mainframe.
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
2 years ago
2,583 posts
Great to hear that there's an upgrade on the horizon! Something to look forward to :)

Makes me think of a suggestion for Jamroom 7, so I'll head over to the Suggestions forum...

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)