solved Mailgun validations

researchcooperative
@researchcooperative
2 years ago
694 posts
In the "Keys" information associated with user accounts, I see the following message:

user_jrMailGun_validated{"message":"Validations are not enabled.","time":1664883697}

Since I am running off the JR mailgun account, I presume not running validation tests is a setting decision made by JR.

Is this OK?

(Are the validation tests the same thing as ping tests?)

--
PJ Matthews, Kyoto
Migrated from Ning 2.0. Now at Jamroom 6 beta and using Jamroom Hosting for The Research Cooperative (researchcooperative.org)

updated by @researchcooperative: 01/30/23 07:37:31PM
michael
@michael
2 years ago
7,692 posts
From memory at one point in time mailgun offered a free service and the free service came with 100 (I think?) free email validations each month. Then a charge was optional to validate more than that. By 'validate' I believe it means "Attempt to determine if an email sent to this address will be delivered."

I think the purpose of it was for people with email lists to eliminate bad addresses because sending is charged per-mail.

Something like that.
researchcooperative
@researchcooperative
2 years ago
694 posts
Since multiple sites will be running off the JR mailgun account, I presume this means the validation option has to be "not enabled" as sorting out the extra cost per site would be a headache for JR. If we individually use mailgun, we can choose to pay for the validation.

Seems all good to me.

Thanks

--
PJ Matthews, Kyoto
Migrated from Ning 2.0. Now at Jamroom 6 beta and using Jamroom Hosting for The Research Cooperative (researchcooperative.org)