Uses the Akismet Blog and Forum spam detection service to check text entries for suspected Spam. Any entries found to contain suspected spam will be marked as pending and can be reviewed by system admins in the Pending Items section of the Dashboard.
Spam Blocker module changelog
- Change: Updated spam_check module feature to work with a wider range of modules
- New: modules can register for Akismet Spam Checking using the "spam_check" module feature
- Bug Fix: Better detection of when content contains actual HTML versus URL scan items
- Bug Fix: Some item image URLs could trigger the Offsite URL Action
- Change: If an item is going to be pending, dont strip URLs from the text
- Change: HTML will only be stripped from modules that have an item_detail.tpl file
- New: Added 6 hour and 12 hour user probation global config options
- New: "New User Probation" global config setting for setting new user probation length
- New: "Strip All HTML" global setting for stripping HTML from probation user posts
- New: "Offsite URL Action" global setting for reporting offiste URLs by probation users
- Change: The name of the module has been changed from "Akismet" to "Spam Blocker"
- Bug Fix: User probation may flag some users as being in probation when they are not
- Bug Fix: URL to Akismet could be constructed without http: portion
- Initial Release