About The Jamroom Network
The Jamroom Network was formed in July of 2012 with the goal of making Jamroom's second decade bigger, better and all around more fun.
@jamroom on Twitter
Jamroom does not run on Windows! A Linux/Unix like Operating system is required.
Jamroom 5 Server Requirements
A unix-based Operating System (Linux, Mac OS X, FreeBSD) with the following packages installed:
- PHP 5.3+
- MySQL 5.1+ (MariaDB 5.5 or MySQL 5.6.+ is highly recommended)
- Apache 2.2x
The following PHP extensions are required:
- MySQLi (mysql improved) extension
- GD and FreeType
- Multibyte string extension (-enable-mbstring)
The following PHP extensions are recommended:
- APC (op code caching - speeds up PHP)
The following Apache modules are required:
The following PHP configuration is required:
- memory_limit: 128M (recommended) (minimum 64M)
- upload_file_size: 128m (or more)
- system function must be enabled (used for doing media conversions and preview generation)
Frequently Asked Questions
This line tells Apache you want to support SymLinks - Jamroom uses symlinks for module versioning and updates - this is required for Jamroom to function properly.
These control how the web server works. These options are not required, and can be commented out, however they help make your Jamroom more secure and it is recommended to leave them enabled if you can.