Disappearing Events

lisa
@lisa
9 years ago
126 posts
Hello! I have run into an interesting issue, and I am not sure if I have to change a setting some place. I am adding information from the death certificates.
So, the ancestor died October 30, 1909. I added his death certificate under the event called "death."
I then added the event "residence" and just dated it October 1909 with the physical address in the detail section. This is just until I learn if he lived there longer.
I then added the event "funeral" and since I didn't know the full date I just added October 1909 like I did with residence, and the event "disappears!"

If I add a full date it doesn't do that. I figured since the event names were different it would allow both events to be shown but it doesn't.
Is there something I need to change somewhere or is that just how the program is designed to work?

Thanks for such an amazing program!!

Lisa

updated by @lisa: 06/15/15 12:28:11PM
brian
@brian
9 years ago
10,136 posts
When you say the event "disappears" do you mean the funeral event? Or the death or other event?

Thanks!

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
lisa
@lisa
9 years ago
126 posts
The death event was fine because there was a full date - month, day, year.
The next event I added was "residence," but only the month and year.
I then added funeral with only the month and year - same as residence. But it would not show up on the timeline.
I then went back into the residence event and picked a random day (not death day)to add to it, and the funeral event then showed up.
None of this is a big deal at all. I just wanted to know if this is what you expected to happen so I can adjust what I'm doing. Or if this is not what should happen because the events are different so it shouldn't matter if the date is the same.

Thanks! Lisa
brian
@brian
9 years ago
10,136 posts
Thanks for the update - that's not how it should work - each event is independent and you should be able to set whatever date you want on them, so I will check it out.

Thanks!

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net

Tags