solved Admin logged out immediately after logging in

alt=
Intalik
@intalik
8 years ago
7 posts
hey all,
I am running an old jamroom site and every time the admin logs in, he is immediately and automatically logged out. It makes it impossible for the admin to configure the site.
Anybody have this issue and might be able to help me out?

p.s. I don't know how to find my current version of Jamroom.
updated by @intalik: 12/04/16 09:52:17AM
michael
@michael
8 years ago
7,692 posts
Intalik:......I am running an old jamroom site.....
Upgrade.

Since you cant login to the ACP to click the "upgrade" button from inside the marketplace, you'll need to manually do the upgrade.

Download the core from here:
https://www.jamroom.net/open-source

Then use FTP to upload it to your server.

That will bring you up to date with the latest version. See if the problem persists after that.
alt=
Intalik
@intalik
8 years ago
7 posts
Thanks for your reply Michael.

I wish to avoid upgrading, since I've modified the site and am worried an upgrade will break its functionality (Well, I suppose it's broken now isn't it? Since I'm writing this post ;) ).
brian
@brian
8 years ago
10,139 posts
If you are running a version of Jamroom 5, you can find the version in the following file near the top of the file (in the "meta" function):

modules/jrCore/include.php

If you are running Jamroom 4 you can find it in:

include/jamroom-include.inc.php

near the top where it says "version".

Note that we no longer support Jamroom 4.

Let me know if that helps.

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
alt=
Intalik
@intalik
8 years ago
7 posts
Thanks Talldude :)

looks like I am running version 4.2.3
michael
@michael
8 years ago
7,692 posts
If you're still on JR4 then the likely cause is that your server has updated php or mysql to current versions.

JR4 will only work on jamroom up to php 5.2 so you'll probably need a special server that meets those requirements to keep the site running. Most hosting companies will upgrade their servers to current versions of stuff.
alt=
Intalik
@intalik
8 years ago
7 posts
@michael. I believe that must be the problem! I will check with my hosting provider.

Thank you! I'll post back whether it was the problem or not.
alt=
Intalik
@intalik
8 years ago
7 posts
That was the issue! I rolled the version of PHP back to 5.2 and everything went back to normal. Thank you for your assistance.
michael
@michael
8 years ago
7,692 posts
Good to hear :)

Tags