closed option to archive private messages?

Holly Dilatush
Holly Dilatush
@holly-dilatush
8 years ago
212 posts
Hello all,

On Ning we had the option to delete OR to archive private messages. I had over 100 of these archived messages on Ning (I copied and saved them in a word file because I knew I might wish to access them again).

As community manager of the site, there are periodically private messages I wish to refer back to.

However, on JamRoom I only see the option to delete messages.

I have a full page now of messages I would prefer not to delete (I'd like to keep them for future reference), but would also love to have 'out of view'.

Is there an easy way to 'archive' rather than delete these messages? It would, of course, be easier to access them in the future if they were searchable in a JamRoom archive.

Any suggestions appreciated,
updated by @holly-dilatush: 03/13/17 05:54:23AM
brian
@brian
8 years ago
10,136 posts
There is no way to archive messages. Is leaving the messages in your inbox not an option?

Thanks!

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
Holly Dilatush
Holly Dilatush
@holly-dilatush
8 years ago
212 posts
Leaving messages to pile up in my inbox is an option, just not a preferred option.
It's a much nicer feeling to look at new messages only and to clear them, to see only those that are still 'open' for one reason or another.

If there is no archive possible, then I will have to determine my own 'next best' solution.
I'll close this for now.

Tags