solved Hyperlink Default Color

Jeff Gilder
Jeff Gilder
@jffgldr
7 years ago
69 posts
I'm using the Follow Me Skin (pretty much) out of the box. The font color within a hyperlink defaults to the same color as all other type. Some of my geezer members are complaining. How can I change this? I know the poster can change the hyperlink font color when they create the hyperlink. Hoping there's a way to have it default to something that stands out more.
Thanks!

--
Thank you!
Jeff
Running JR6 with Follow Me on one JamRoom Network and JR6 and ISkin on another - Migrated From Ning. LOVE JamRoom!

updated by @jffgldr: 05/20/17 10:57:44AM
michael
@michael
7 years ago
7,697 posts
Yeah there are ways to change it. Better for me to understand where one of the links are though so we can target those links instead of targeting every link anywhere.

Where are you wanting to change? url please and what color is good?
Jeff Gilder
Jeff Gilder
@jffgldr
7 years ago
69 posts
Most of the activity is on the forum. And any color is fine...probably blue...since most folks recognize blue font as a link.
Thanks, Michael!

--
Thank you!
Jeff
Running JR6 with Follow Me on one JamRoom Network and JR6 and ISkin on another - Migrated From Ning. LOVE JamRoom!
michael
@michael
7 years ago
7,697 posts
For that you'll want to put this css into one of the CSS
.forum_post_text a {
    color: blue;
}

That code needs to go into one of the .css files for the skin.

You're not running a custom skin. Need to think about the easiest way for you to do this.... hmmm...
michael
@michael
7 years ago
7,697 posts
Ok, for you, you're not using a custom skin, so the easiest way to do it is to add that as some style code to your skins meta.tpl file.

Just before the closing HEAD tag add it in wrapped in STYLE so the full thing looks like this:
<style>
.forum_post_text a {
    color: blue;
}
</style>
</head>

I've added it to your racers site. its working now.

For anyone reading who wants to know how to alter the meta.tpl file via the ACP, here is the doc:

Docs: "Using the Template Editor"
https://www.jamroom.net/the-jamroom-network/documentation/jamroom-admin-handbook/3183/using-the-template-editor
Jeff Gilder
Jeff Gilder
@jffgldr
7 years ago
69 posts
Awesome, Michael! Thank you very much!

--
Thank you!
Jeff