Using Chat Feature With And Android Tablet

Jeff Gilder
Jeff Gilder
@jffgldr
7 years ago
69 posts
I received some reports that chat was not accessible using and Android Tablet. I dragged mine ( an absolute dinosaur) out and sure enough....can't see chat and it is not in the menu.
I'm using Follow Me.
Anybody?

--
Thank you!
Jeff
Running JR6 with Follow Me on one JamRoom Network and JR6 and ISkin on another - Migrated From Ning. LOVE JamRoom!

updated by @jffgldr: 07/03/17 05:20:47PM
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
7 years ago
3,602 posts
first- Have you made sure you are logged in when checking? I don't think Chat shows to non-logged in users.
second- Have you looked on your tablet at this location?: (yoursite).com/chat/mobile ...that's where the mobile version of chat resides for me.
If you see your chat working there at that url, you may have to put a more prominent link somewhere in your MOBILE header links menu that takes members there. I solved my tablet chat link issue by a different means- by switching to the phone type mobile menu (called the hamburger style menu) for my site's skin's TABLET versions. In that phone menu style, there was a link to the mobile chat url, set up already in the user's dropdown menu link choices.. Not having the links bar across the top of every page saves space on tablets and my members seem to like that. Most folks are familiar with the hamburger phone style menu these days anyhow.

--
...just another satisfied Jamroom customer.
Migrated from Ning to Jamroom June 2015
Jeff Gilder
Jeff Gilder
@jffgldr
7 years ago
69 posts
Thank you, Strumelia!

--
Thank you!
Jeff
Running JR6 with Follow Me on one JamRoom Network and JR6 and ISkin on another - Migrated From Ning. LOVE JamRoom!
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
7 years ago
3,602 posts
Do you know how to resolve your issue now Jeff?

--
...just another satisfied Jamroom customer.
Migrated from Ning to Jamroom June 2015