completed Phasing out Oneall Login

Xephius
Xephius
@xephius
7 years ago
93 posts
Hey guys,

I am having more trouble using the oneall login system than I feel its worth. What is the best way migrate all the users off this login tool? Has anyone done this?

Clear skies,
John
updated by @xephius: 10/09/17 05:00:41PM
michael
@michael
7 years ago
7,696 posts
just turn it off. Their email address should be listed on their profile. They can use the FORGOT PASSWORD feature on the login screen to be sent a password reset email.

May want to send out a newsletter first saying thats whats going to happen.
Zachary Moonshine
Zachary Moonshine
@zachary-moonshine
7 years ago
823 posts
Xephius:
Hey guys,

I am having more trouble using the oneall login system than I feel its worth. What is the best way migrate all the users off this login tool? Has anyone done this?

Clear skies,
John

what kind of problems was it causing you ? just curious if its same as me, i have been contemplating if oneall is the cause of some of my issues
Zachary Moonshine
Zachary Moonshine
@zachary-moonshine
7 years ago
823 posts
I learned today that some of my members when they log in using fb via the oneall tool they only see the logged out view and are unable to create items like blogs etc. But when they log out and back in using email and pw they can do everything and see everything they are supposed too not sure if anyone else has noticed this or if its similar to this forum thread but...?
Xephius
Xephius
@xephius
7 years ago
93 posts
Hey Zach,

Yes, this is the same trouble my users are seeing. The big problem for me is FB users not being able to access areas they pay for. That said, this appears to be more of an issue between Oneall and FB rather than JR and Oneall.

I will get seemingly random emails from Oneall telling me the FB configuration isn't setup correctly. I contact Oneall support, and they say everything is fine, it was just FB updating. They (Oneall) have no idea why the users can't access certain areas in JR and point to JR support. When I ask why I am getting the strange emails, I get no direct answer, only FB updates and my account is fine. Very frustrating.
Zachary Moonshine
Zachary Moonshine
@zachary-moonshine
7 years ago
823 posts
yeah man i got that same email and when i logged into oneall it showed everything was fine
Zachary Moonshine
Zachary Moonshine
@zachary-moonshine
7 years ago
823 posts
i think i am going to disable the plugin all together i mean whats the use anyway i use an email when i log in to me gmail, fb twitter etc no reason why people cant do the same to sign into my site, like you say its more trouble than its worth. and the thing is it could be happening to many others too since many people log in and they can only see what they see because thats all there is. the only way someone would know they are missing something is if they are aware so no telling how many people have signed in to my site and never said anything since they had no idea they were missing anything.
michael
@michael
7 years ago
7,696 posts
Love to know how to reproduce this. My guess is something wrong with the $_SESSION info that gets setup on jamroom after the user has logged in.

Guessing its different if logged in via oneall vs via normal login.
brian
@brian
7 years ago
10,144 posts
Zachary Moonshine:
i think i am going to disable the plugin all together i mean whats the use anyway i use an email when i log in to me gmail, fb twitter etc no reason why people cant do the same to sign into my site, like you say its more trouble than its worth. and the thing is it could be happening to many others too since many people log in and they can only see what they see because thats all there is. the only way someone would know they are missing something is if they are aware so no telling how many people have signed in to my site and never said anything since they had no idea they were missing anything.

I believe I have found the root cause of this and have updated it on your site - check it out and let me know if that works better.

Thanks!

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
Zachary Moonshine
Zachary Moonshine
@zachary-moonshine
7 years ago
823 posts
yes that fixed it thanks brian