solved Is it possible to see the usage rate of private notes?

researchcooperative
@researchcooperative
6 years ago
694 posts
If I look at obvious records of activity on my site, there is clearly very little. So this probably means there is very little hidden activity in the form of communication with private notes.

Nevertheless, I feel I should at least know at a broad level how much the private notes are being used, by any measure that is possible.

It might also be useful to be able to identify users who use private notes in an extraordinary manner.... for (relatively) large volumes of data, or at strange frequencies. I don't want my network to be used (too much) for unwanted purposes.

I don't expect or want total control, just enough to reduce the risk of the site being hijacked, and having its existence put in danger as a result.

--
PJ Matthews, Kyoto
Migrated from Ning 2.0. Now at Jamroom 6 beta and using Jamroom Hosting for The Research Cooperative (researchcooperative.org)

updated by @researchcooperative: 07/22/18 02:05:52PM
michael
@michael
6 years ago
7,692 posts
you can see the private note info in your database via the database browser
ACP -> MODULES -> DEVELOPER -> TOOLS -> DATABASE ADMIN

The private notes are stored in the jr_jrprivatenote_note table
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
6 years ago
3,602 posts
a word of advice from an experienced mess creator: be careful when you are there in the Database Admin area, PJ! ;)

--
...just another satisfied Jamroom customer.
Migrated from Ning to Jamroom June 2015
researchcooperative
@researchcooperative
6 years ago
694 posts
Yikes. I have no idea what I will find!

Hopefully nothing more than a private poetry circle.

P.

--
PJ Matthews, Kyoto
Migrated from Ning 2.0. Now at Jamroom 6 beta and using Jamroom Hosting for The Research Cooperative (researchcooperative.org)
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
6 years ago
3,602 posts
Right. Most probably just people discussing flower arranging. L O L

--
...just another satisfied Jamroom customer.
Migrated from Ning to Jamroom June 2015
researchcooperative
@researchcooperative
6 years ago
694 posts
Hmmm.... did not find any poetry, just a backend table that says that the total "data length" of the private notes is 311,000, with an "index length" of 33,000.

Does this mean 311,000 characters? Assuming an average word and space length of 5, that could be 60,000 words of private note messaging.

Which means that some kind of communication is happening, as intended, I hope.

--
PJ Matthews, Kyoto

updated by @researchcooperative: 04/21/18 01:53:00PM
michael
@michael
6 years ago
7,692 posts
not sure what those numbers are, here's a screenshot of what I was thinking
database.jpg
database.jpg  •  159KB

researchcooperative
@researchcooperative
6 years ago
694 posts
Thanks,

It worked with this sequence:

ACP -> MODULES -> DEVELOPER -> TOOLS -> DATABASE ADMIN
->Choose jr_jrprivatenote_note in left hand column -> Select Data (above table body area) -> click on Note ID at top of ID column to toggle the order (oldest at top, newest at top) -> scroll to bottom of page to see more data (if there are pages of notes in the file).

I'll call this solved. Thanks!

--
PJ Matthews, Kyoto