solved How do I put my site into maintenance mode in response to a phishing attack?

researchcooperative
@researchcooperative
5 years ago
694 posts
My JR site appears to be the subject of a phishing attack that targets members when they try to login.

I should put the site into offline or maintenance mode until this is sorted out, but how can I do this?

Have any other JR site owners seen this problem recently?

The attached screenshot shows the fake popup that appears when I go to the login page on my site.

I have put in a support ticket for this issue, but it may be useful for all JR site owners to know about it (and the eventual solution and any explanation that is found)

--
PJ Matthews, Kyoto
Migrated from Ning 2.0. Now at Jamroom 6 beta and using Jamroom Hosting for The Research Cooperative (researchcooperative.org)

updated by @researchcooperative: 02/01/20 06:46:12PM
researchcooperative
@researchcooperative
5 years ago
694 posts
OK - I found the maintenance mode setting here, in the ACP:

yoursite/core/admin/global

The option to put the site into maintenance mode is under gobal config - general, in the core module, and generates the following message for visitors:

"The System is currently undergoing system maintenance. We are working to get the system back online as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience."

Thanks to JR for this!

--
PJ Matthews, Kyoto
Migrated from Ning 2.0. Now at Jamroom 6 beta and using Jamroom Hosting for The Research Cooperative (researchcooperative.org)
brian
@brian
5 years ago
10,136 posts
Glad you got that enabled ;)

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net