solved Media Pro Light Top Singles

alt=
@kayskeem
10 years ago
200 posts
It seems theres an issue with Media Pro Light theme. The top single is blank theres no music showing there. Is there a way to fix this ? I read something in the forum about foxycart but I'm using foxycart.
updated by @kayskeem: 04/24/14 05:45:01AM
douglas
@douglas
10 years ago
2,767 posts
Make sure you've setup the skin config with the correct quota ID's etc... there is also a readme file in your ACP > Skins > Info tab.

--

Douglas Hackney
Jamroom Team - Designer/Developer/Support
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
alt=
@kayskeem
10 years ago
200 posts
@michael I'm talking about the homepage
brian
@brian
10 years ago
10,139 posts
kayskeem:
@michael I'm talking about the homepage

Make sure and check out Douglas's response above.

Thanks!

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
alt=
@kayskeem
10 years ago
200 posts
I did that already @Douglas but its not "featured songs" like the one in the skin settings where u can just set the song ID and it shows. Its "top song" which i think it maybe based on plays. I have plays on all my songs but yet nothing there on the homepage for just the "top songs" category.
alt=
@kayskeem
10 years ago
200 posts
It could be also going by ratings and I didnt have the ratings module installed. I"m not sure what to do to get top songs to show. I've checked media pro light demo on jamroom.net and it has "top singles" which surely works but i have the same skin and it doesnt work. http://demo.jamroom.net/jrMediaProLight/ on the homepage it shows "top singles".
updated by @kayskeem: 03/18/14 07:08:07PM
michael
@michael
10 years ago
7,695 posts
I can see the 'Top Singles' on the homepage of the demo, but still don't know were it is that your not seeing them.

Make sure you have all the latest updates installed for the skin. Run the integrity check and clear the caches.

Also make sure you don't have any javascript errors on the page. It looks like that section is loaded via ajax, so if you've got JS errors that could be the cause of the issue.
Developer Networks
Developer Networks
@developer-networks
10 years ago
566 posts
Create a tpl file call it topsongs.tpl or something
{if isset($_items)}
  {foreach from=$_items item="item"}
  <div style="display:table">
      <div style="display:table-row">
          <div style="display:table-cell">
              <a href="{$jamroom_url}/{$item.profile_url}/{$_params.module_url}/{$item._item_id}/{$item.audio_title_url}">{jrCore_module_function function="jrImage_display" module="jrAudio" type="audio_image" item_id=$item._item_id size="small" crop="auto" alt=$item.audio_title title=$item.audio_title class="iloutline" width=false height=false}</a>
          </div>
          <div class="p5" style="display:table-cell;vertical-align:middle">
              <a href="{$jamroom_url}/{$item.profile_url}/{$_params.module_url}/{$item._item_id}/{$item.audio_title_url}" class="media_title" title="{$item.audio_title}">{if strlen($item.audio_title) > 25}{$item.audio_title|truncate:25false}{else}{$item.audio_title}{/if}</a><br>
              {jrCore_media_player type="jrAudio_button" module="jrAudio" field="audio_file" item=$item}
          </div>
      </div>
  </div>
  {/foreach}

{/if}

then you want to call top songs from your index template to list the song like this.

{jrCore_list module="jrAudio"  order_by="_created desc" template="topsong.tpl" limit="1" require_image="audio_image" width="250"}

Heres the docs you need to review on this subject.
https://www.jamroom.net/the-jamroom-network/documentation/development/89/jrcore-list
updated by @developer-networks: 03/19/14 12:45:19AM
douglas
@douglas
10 years ago
2,767 posts
kayskeem:
I did that already @Douglas but its not "featured songs" like the one in the skin settings where u can just set the song ID and it shows. Its "top song" which i think it maybe based on plays. I have plays on all my songs but yet nothing there on the homepage for just the "top songs" category.

Do you have the "artist quota" ID set in the skin config?

Do you have a link we can check out?

Thanks!

--

Douglas Hackney
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
douglas
@douglas
10 years ago
2,767 posts
I see what could be causing an issue here and will get it fixed for the next release.

Thanks!

--

Douglas Hackney
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
I'd still like to see the link, of course.

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)
douglas
@douglas
10 years ago
2,767 posts
SteveX:
I'd still like to see the link, of course.

The issue here is the Top Singles list are ordered by song ratings, audio_rating_overall_average_count to be exact, if you don't have the rating module installed and activated, as well as some rated songs, nothing will show in that section. I've put a check it to see if you have the ratings module activated and if not it orders by audio_file_stream_count.

Should have the Marketplace updated soon.

--

Douglas Hackney
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
Agreed, lack of link isn't the issue.

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)
douglas
@douglas
10 years ago
2,767 posts
This should be fixed in the latest release in the Marketplace.

--

Douglas Hackney
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
alt=
@kayskeem
10 years ago
200 posts
thank you guys soo much for the help on this. would love to see the update!
douglas
@douglas
10 years ago
2,767 posts
See my post above.

--

Douglas Hackney
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
alt=
@kayskeem
10 years ago
200 posts
oh sorry link is http://exposehits.com/ on the homepage
douglas
@douglas
10 years ago
2,767 posts
kayskeem:
oh sorry link is http://exposehits.com/ on the homepage

Make sure you've cleared your cache, ACP > System Tools > Reset Cache.

Hope this hels,
Douglas

--

Douglas Hackney
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos

Tags