solved JrCore_list

Melih
Melih
@melih
10 years ago
198 posts
Hello Brian,
I hope you are well!

I tried to make a list using {jrCore_list} for anniversiries but i couldn't. How can I list upcoming events such as birthdays, wedding anniversaries, death anniversaries and others? I did something but not correct order :(

Can you help me with that?
updated by @melih: 07/09/16 09:21:02AM
brian
@brian
10 years ago
10,136 posts
Melih:
Hello Brian,
I hope you are well!

I tried to make a list using {jrCore_list} for anniversiries but i couldn't. How can I list upcoming events such as birthdays, wedding anniversaries, death anniversaries and others? I did something but not correct order :(

Can you help me with that?

I don't think jrCore_list is going to return the items as you would expect them - you can definitely do a jrCore_list call for jrGenEvent, but it has no way of knowing what an "upcoming" birthday or anniversary is - that's something that would have to have support coded in for it, and I'm not 100% sure it's really family tree related - that sounds more like a calendar of current events.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net

updated by @brian: 12/29/14 09:23:55AM
Melih
Melih
@melih
10 years ago
198 posts
I just thought the family members of the site would find this feature useful because if they could see events like birthdays on main page then they would be able to remember to call other family members on their special days which i think is kinda family tree related. Actually there was a template i tried before Genosis which had this feature i thought it would be nice to see it on a great system like Genosis :)
updated by @melih: 12/29/14 09:23:55AM
michael
@michael
10 years ago
7,692 posts
{jrCore_list} works with whatever module you want to list up.

So in order for events to appear on the {jrCore_list} it would need to be in the system. If everyone did put that event in the system, then something like this would get it out:

{jrCore_list module="jrEvent" search1="event_date >= `$smarty.now`" order_by="event_date NUMERICAL_ASC" pagebreak="10"}

That would get the next 10 events that are upcoming from todays date. Its totally going to depend on whether the event has actually been entered into the profile though.

If you wanted to base it off something like the persons birthday, then you'd need to build something custom to search for that instead.
updated by @michael: 12/29/14 09:23:55AM
Melih
Melih
@melih
10 years ago
198 posts
Thank you Michael, i will try this when i got home ;)
brian
@brian
10 years ago
10,136 posts
Ahh yeah - the Profile Events module:

https://www.jamroom.net/the-jamroom-network/networkmarket/61/profile-events

can do this. Basically for those dates you want to have show up as "upcoming" (i.e. birthdays, anniversaries, etc) then you'd just create them in the profile's event calendar and set them to recurring.

Then you could use jrCore_list to list out upcoming events. Sorry for not proposing that earlier - I was stuck thinking about how to do it directly from Genosis Events, which would be hard.

Hope this helps!

--
Brian Johnson

Melih
Melih
@melih
10 years ago
198 posts
I know it's an old topic but i wanted to tell you that i made this by using jrGenEvent :)

I used a simple jrCore_list call that uses a template including a lot of conditions for ordering results by date with smarty.now and JrCore_time_format specifiers. It was fun and i wanted to share with you :) Because you made it possible for me by creating the Jamroom environment. Thank you very much for all the hard work you put in Jamroom.
brian
@brian
10 years ago
10,136 posts
Melih:
I know it's an old topic but i wanted to tell you that i made this by using jrGenEvent :)

I used a simple jrCore_list call that uses a template including a lot of conditions for ordering results by date with smarty.now and JrCore_time_format specifiers. It was fun and i wanted to share with you :) Because you made it possible for me by creating the Jamroom environment. Thank you very much for all the hard work you put in Jamroom.

Thanks Melih! I really appreciate the positive feedback, and I'm excited to see that you've been "diving in" to the development side. Once you see how {jrCore_list} works, you can really do almost anything with it - it's really powerful, which you've put to good use!

If you haven't seen it yet, make sure and check out the new Badges module I released:

http://www.genosisfamily.com/forum/announcements/17774/new-genosis-badges-module-free

It's a nice little feature for your Genosis site!

Thanks!

--
Brian Johnson

Melih
Melih
@melih
10 years ago
198 posts
Looking cool!