solved Problems after updating Core Module

alt=
@gebhard
9 years ago
3 posts
Hi,
after updating the Core Module I am not able any more to enter my Genosis side.
This error message appears: "CRI: Invalid template: page_begin.tpl, or template directory: jrCore". I interrupted the update procedure after app 10 min because I thought the system is frozen/blocked.
Any idea how I could overcome this problem without re-installing the system?

updated by @gebhard: 06/19/15 10:04:09PM
michael
@michael
9 years ago
7,692 posts
Try downloading the jrCore package and uploading it to your server.

You can download it from here:
http://www.jamroom.net/

Then un-zip it and upload it via FTP to your server. should just need to upload the:
/modules/jrCore/*

--

Another way to do it would be to look at your servers file system and see if there are multiple versions of the core module
/modules/jrCore-version-5.2.33
/modules/jrCore-version-5.2.32
/modules/jrCore-version-5.2.31

If there are, then its probably just the newest one that is only half transferred, so delete that and the system should revert to the next newest one.

--
What that error messsage is saying is on your server there is expected to be a file:
/modules/jrCore/templates/page_begin.tpl

but that page is not there, so it cant continue.
alt=
@gebhard
9 years ago
3 posts
Hi Michael,
thank you for your fast response. After several error messages I chose the radical way: New installation :-)
After the new installation, I tried to import my Gedcom-File, which was already successful imported and now the message appears: "invalid import tree_id - please try again".
Before installation I deleted also the SQL-DB, cleaned the cache etc. but it doesn't help.
brian
@brian
9 years ago
10,136 posts
gebhard:
Hi Michael,
thank you for your fast response. After several error messages I chose the radical way: New installation :-)
After the new installation, I tried to import my Gedcom-File, which was already successful imported and now the message appears: "invalid import tree_id - please try again".
Before installation I deleted also the SQL-DB, cleaned the cache etc. but it doesn't help.

Make sure you have first created a new Tree via Trees -> Tree Browser -> New Tree Name and "save". This will become your "active tree" and when you go back to Tree Tools and do the import it will show you that is the tree you are going to import to.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks!

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
alt=
@gebhard
9 years ago
3 posts
Brian,
this works...thank you very much for your support